• Page:

TOPIC:

Here's your BIG chance!!! 8 years 1 month ago #11512

• trikebldr
  • trikebldr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
On another forum a member posted this link to another Voyager pulling a sweet sidecar. Both are extremely well maintained and the bike only has 19k miles on it. IMO, the bike alone is worth the $4500 price, and the sidecar is one of the more expensive (when new). VERY nice rig! If any of you have ever considered a hack, now is the time to act on it! I am not so far away from the seller, so I could help secure it until you could come pick it up. I am willing to do that.

PLEASE, somebody buy this rig! OR, make me a long-term, low-interest loan so I can!

knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/5494907969.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by trikebldr.

Here's your BIG chance!!! 8 years 1 month ago #11514

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
That is a BEAUTY! I wish I could buy it - but I've no room. Why don't you buy it, to add to your collection - at least then it would be in good hands. It deserves to be preserved.

Here's your BIG chance!!! 8 years 1 month ago #11515

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

biltonjim wrote: That is a BEAUTY! I wish I could buy it - but I've no room. Why don't you buy it, to add to your collection - at least then it would be in good hands. It deserves to be preserved.

I would if somebody would make me a 3 year loan to buy it! SERIOUSLY! $150/month for three years, payments handled through a bank? ANYBODY? I guess I just need to sell my boat and motorhome, huh?

Jim, how about YOU buy it, I will pick it up and keep it stored and running good, and you can come visit it ANYTIME you want! I might even let you drive it once in a while! (Now, why are you laughing?)

Here's your BIG chance!!! 8 years 1 month ago #11516

• caddypat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
very nice bruce,you really should have that in your stable. on a more serious note i ran across a problem you might be interested in. on all three of my voyagers the plastic airbox is heat warped right where the air filter seals. there was enough gap to pass quite a bit of unfiltered air long term. my fix is a 1/8 thick rubberized cork gasket , some ultra silicone and 3 clamps to hold the filter tight to the upper box. might be worth checking. happy days pat.

Here's your BIG chance!!! 8 years 1 month ago #11518

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
THANKS for that heads up on the air box! If mine are warped, I will probably make up new ones from aluminum sheet. Or, maybe reshape the originals and use one for a mold to make out of carbon, or at least fiberglass.

If I were to collect all the Voyager/sidecar rigs I wanted, I would be making you an offer your couldn't refuse! I've always wanted a Motorvation Formula II. Just too much money, new, and nobody seems to want to let theirs go.

Here's your BIG chance!!! 8 years 1 month ago #11522

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I just looked this sidecar up on DMC Sidecars. It lists for $6495, base price, and just from what I see as extras on it, there is another $125 for carpeted trunk, $405 for the black convertible top and another $750 for the electric tilt suspension! That totals $7775 to buy the same car new today! I suspect there are several other smaller additions like lighted interior, stereo speakers, lighted trunk, etc. that this car has that the seller didn't mention. This is most likely an $8000+ car today. So, that $4500 price for the whole rig is awfully good looking!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds