TOPIC:

Who is the oldest rider ? 8 years 1 week ago #11503

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38

caddypat wrote: till i cant get a leg up and over.pat

That's what man-lifts are for!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who is the oldest rider ? 8 years 1 week ago #11504

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
They say that if you haven't grown up by the time you're 50, you don't have to! Well, I made it past that a long time ago, and I still refuse to grow up! Hell, I still ride trikes! I'm 66 and ride at least 20 miles a day, sometimes closer to 100 miles. I plan to be buried in my latest sidecar!
FWIW, when any of you feel your bike is too much to hold up, consider a sidecar to keep riding!

Last edit: by trikebldr.

Who is the oldest rider ? 8 years 1 week ago #11505

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Aw Bruce, you traded in your 6 cylinders for a pair of Velcro sandals!! Ran out of ethanol blended gas?

Who is the oldest rider ? 8 years 1 week ago #11506

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Kawboy wrote: Aw Bruce, you traded in your 6 cylinders for a pair of Velcro sandals!! Ran out of ethanol blended gas?

LMAO! What? A guy can't have both? In fact, this one custom-built trike (lower pic) is worth more than both of my Voyagers combined! I may install a pair of "clipless" pedals from my trike on my sidecar rig. The pedals and sandals work together to securely hold my feet on the pedals, so even if my feet get tired on the pegs, they won't slip off.
I'm even building a special clip-on rack for the top of my trailer to pull behind the sidecar rig to haul a pair of these trikes when we go camping at the local lake with lots of riding trails.
BTW, that trike is the reason for my username!

Who is the oldest rider ? 8 years 1 week ago #11509

• BigSix
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 221

trikebldr wrote: They say that if you haven't grown up by the time you're 50, you don't have to

well, I am getting closer to that deadline.

All, please keep your fingers crossed I do not wake up and suddenly notice I am grown up - quite a horrible idead and I guess I need your help in defence our the attitude we all have.

What do you recommend ?

regards,

Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Who is the oldest rider ? 8 years 1 week ago #11513

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BigSix wrote:

trikebldr wrote: They say that if you haven't grown up by the time you're 50, you don't have to

well, I am getting closer to that deadline.

All, please keep your fingers crossed I do not wake up and suddenly notice I am grown up - quite a horrible idead and I guess I need your help in defence our the attitude we all have.

What do you recommend ?

regards,

Holger

Just keep doing kid things! Eat lots of ice cream and candy for breakfast, stay up late at night, don't make your bed, watch Saturday morning cartoons, spend money you don't have, and throw an occasional tantrum when something doesn't go your way! Oh, and if you have access to a nice recumbent trike, go ride it often and tell everybody you STILL ride tricycles! Better yet, go buy one!

Actually, by spending money on, and playing with, a nearly 40 year old bike, you've got a good foothold on childhood still! I wouldn't worry until the day you wake up and decide to sell your bike!

Last edit: by trikebldr.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds