• Page:

TOPIC:

Primary chain 8 years 1 month ago #11267

• kwak1261
  • kwak1261's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 72
to anyone that has rebuilt there engine, did you replace the primary chain? how bad was the old one ?
i have about 18 degrees of movement in the crank before the cams start to move either way.
i was lucky to find a brand new old stock chain when i did my A5 cant find anything now
does anyone know of a supplier. ?

Ian
Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Primary chain 8 years 1 month ago #11279

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Ian, not sure if this is the item you're after - but looks like Z-Power have them: www.z-power.co.uk/merchantmanager/produc..._34&products_id=2113

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Primary chain 8 years 1 month ago #11280

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
18 degrees sounds like a lot. I checked mine and found 12 degrees. The engine is coming out and new primary and secondary chains will be going in.

I found motor cycle products in the UK has the chains. Price is not too bad at 133 pounds for the primary. Haven't checked the shipping costs yet but I hear they can be ridiculous. I'm still going shopping but if I can find a better way to ship from the UK then these guys will get my business.

www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/primary-cha...0-1979-p-283187.html

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Primary chain 8 years 1 month ago #11281

• kwak1261
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WoW good find chaps, ill be looking at motorcycle products chain as they are apparently only 10 miles up the road from me in Chelmsford.
if i can stick one in a jiffy bag and post it to you Kawboy ill get a price from the post office, might be a bit cheaper, you never know.
Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500

Primary chain 8 years 1 month ago #11283

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

kwak1261 wrote: WoW good find chaps, ill be looking at motorcycle products chain as they are apparently only 10 miles up the road from me in Chelmsford.
if i can stick one in a jiffy bag and post it to you Kawboy ill get a price from the post office, might be a bit cheaper, you never know.

You're a good man for offering. Let me know what you find out. I would buy a primary and secondary chain. Can't justify tearing the whole engine apart and not doing both chains.

Primary chain 8 years 1 month ago #11342

• kwak1261
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Kawboy wrote:

kwak1261 wrote: WoW good find chaps, ill be looking at motorcycle products chain as they are apparently only 10 miles up the road from me in Chelmsford.

You're a good man for offering. Let me know what you find out. I would buy a primary and secondary chain. Can't justify tearing the whole engine apart and not doing both chains.

2 chains weigh about 1200 grams plus a jiffy bag.
my local post office reckon they can get that lot to you in Canada tracked for about £18 of the queens finest.
i didnt think that was too bad.
Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds