Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

zn1300 8 years 1 month ago #11213

• caddypat
  • caddypat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hi all,well i had a bit of a surprise yesterday. i have been working on one of my 88 voyagers. it hadnt been run for 10 years.after cleaning the injectors and repairing several bad spots in the wiring harness i decided to try to start it. the darn thing didnt turn over three revs before it fired and ran like a new one. it actually sounds better than my 86 i run with my side car. now i have to get it all back together and see how it rides. feels promising so far . later pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

zn1300 8 years 1 month ago #11216

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028

caddypat wrote: hi all,well i had a bit of a surprise yesterday. i have been working on one of my 88 voyagers. it hadnt been run for 10 years.after cleaning the injectors and repairing several bad spots in the wiring harness i decided to try to start it. the darn thing didnt turn over three revs before it fired and ran like a new one. it actually sounds better than my 86 i run with my side car. now i have to get it all back together and see how it rides. feels promising so far . later pat

Awe, now that's a shame!! Where's the challenge in that? Does this mean that this is the end of your post? Everyone else has to post at least 40 to 50 times on their build with at least 7-10 awe shits and why does this always happen to me questions.

(Nice to see someone's having a good run of luck) B)

zn1300 8 years 1 month ago #11218

• caddypat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i do have an aw shit. while cleaning the crud off the lower raditor hose attachment ( the part that bolts to water pump cover ) i broke the ear off trying to use the wrong o-ring. i hate to admit my own stupidity. am attempting a repair to it now.i am sure there will be plenty more be fore i am finished. pat.

zn1300 8 years 1 month ago #11219

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Pat, don't pay any attention to Kawboy! He's just jealous! GOOD to hear of another Voyager that runs so good! Although mine sounds really good and starts instantly, I don't think I'm charging right now, so I need to check that out. Also, I have almost finished mounting my sidecar to mine and am trying to set up my photo gallery here so I can post pics for you to see. I did take it for 10 laps around my back yard, but the clutch cable sticks too much to trust it out on the street yet. FWIW, your pics of your sidecar have kept my enthusiasm up on getting mine on the road! Wish you lived closer so we could ride together and thrill the locals!

I'm also looking at another Terraplane sidecar for my other Voyager, but if I get it I will be stripping the other Voyager down a bit to make it more of a street fighter rather than a cruiser.

I just love that there are others who have multiple Voyagers! WooHoo!!! Keep 'em running!

Last edit: by trikebldr.

zn1300 8 years 1 month ago #11221

• caddypat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
trikebldr, your outfit looks great.i am also going to run the 88 in a stripped down version.i may even move the side car over to it.just depends on how i like it as a two wheeler. if you ever get out to astoria you got a place to sleep. later pat

zn1300 8 years 1 month ago #11224

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Trikebldr wrote " Although mine sounds really good and starts instantly, I don't think I'm charging right now, so I need to check that out"

That's one "Awe shit!!"

Thanks for making my point Bruce LOL :cheer:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds