• Page:

TOPIC:

Beautiful twins! 8 years 2 months ago #10964

• trikebldr
  • trikebldr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Nothing more beautiful than a pair of original, pristine Voyagers sitting side-by-side!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Beautiful twins! 8 years 2 months ago #10967

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
lookin good there mister, but where's the snow?

Beautiful twins! 8 years 2 months ago #10972

• biltonjim
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
What an awesome sight! I love the instrumentation on these. In fact I love everything about them. A fantastic achievement by Kawasaki. Are they both yours?

Beautiful twins! 8 years 2 months ago #10973

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes, both are mine. Kawboy, this pic was taken early last fall, the day after I got home from my trip to Kentucky to pick up the '84 (the one with the hitch, trunk lights, running boards and front fender guard). I got the '85 a little over a year ago down in Texas.

I'm looking at a third one, too! It's local, so I went over to look at it and there were two other guys there to see it. I thought, "Aw, crap!", but both of them walked away muttering something about it being just too old for them! It's almost as perfect as the '84 I got from Kentucky, but he wants $4800, a bit too much for me. I'll wait him out. I offered him $3500, which is still pretty high, unless it's really clean. I gave $3500 for the '84, but it is just absolutely perfect. From a dealer no less! They took it in on trade, so they just wanted to get rid of it and I happened to be the next one to see it! It just shows that you have to be there at the right time!

I am simply amazed at how many of your KZ's are still in such great shape, even before being restored! Makes me feel good, too, that so many of you are so good at restoring them. I wish there were that many who loved the big ZN's like I do. Unfortunately the 1200 four replaced it and really took over in popularity, so the ZN's kinda got pushed aside and forgotten. Personally I think they just have a very regal look to them, and they do a great job as a sidecar tug. They are also much more comfortable for all-day riding than anything in their class, even today. A comparison report in Motor Cyclist from 1984 said the six test riders were always arguing over who would get the Voyager next over the Yamaha and the Gold Wing.

Beautiful twins! 8 years 2 months ago #10979

• lucasind
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Beautiful twins indeed ! SO SAD that many of these beauties are being parted out and headed to e=bay...taking one more OFF the road for EVER !
Have a look at this one near me ,that I will NOT go look at ! (unless some one asks me to (LOL ) I did well selling a bunch of bikes in 2015 to free up some space. All I need is another touring bike ....and start the process all over again !

detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/5407028047.html

Check out the LOW MILEAGE listed ! :ohmy:

...................................Tony :)

Beautiful twins! 8 years 2 months ago #10994

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That one is a junker, Tony! How can people spend nearly $8500 and then just let them sit out in the weather? The insides of the engine will be fine rust fuzz! Seals will be gone. Might make a nice matching boat anchor for somebody with a Voyager and a large boat!
Shameful!!! Especially at just 14,000 miles! I thought I was doing good to find my '84 with it's 23,000 miles.
Ya know, it might have a good swingarm to make into a Hondasaki drive, though! I'll give him $10. LOL!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds