• Page:

TOPIC:

slamming harleys?? 8 years 2 months ago #10923

• 6cylinder
  • 6cylinder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I have had every jap bike ever made, a moto guzzi , and 3 trumphs, all were alot of fun, some were pretty fast, but my harley is probably the best bike I have ever owned. Its a 1996 heritage softail, never once has failed in any way shape or form.
millers auto electric
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

slamming harleys?? 8 years 2 months ago #10925

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Nice bike, I haven't got anything against a Harley, I wouldn't own one myself as Australia isn't really suited to cruising on a low slung bike, but they do exist down here, lots of them, love all the chrome extras you can put on them, cheers Pete.
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

slamming harleys?? 8 years 2 months ago #10926

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Puttinf shit on Harleys is a national sport the dicks do it to BMW riders as well. I start telling them BMW jokes and they all fuck off coz you dont bite.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

slamming harleys?? 8 years 2 months ago #10927

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
RickG, I guess we ruffled a few feathers with our kidding about Harleys on a KZ1300 forum! Imagine that!
Each to his own! I have owned two Army 45 Harleys, bought still in their WWII airdrop crates back in 1966 when I was in high school. Dad and I restored them and rode them around Sacramento. I don't judge any other Harleys by them, but I just have to laugh when anybody says Harleys don't shake and vibrate! I guess I am just spoiled by the smoothness of a good four+-cylinder bike, as well as Kawasaki's and Honda's advancements on long-distance cruiser bikes over the last 40 years. Sure, Harley has a long-standing reputation, and even mystique, about them. They number about ten-to-one around where I live. Why? Because they are MADE here in Kansas City!
IMO, Harleys simply have a macho appeal because of their unique, usually excessively loud sound! Don't take it personal when we poke fun at Harleys here on a dedicated Kawasaki 1300 site! We make our choices and so can you!

Last edit: by trikebldr.

slamming harleys?? 8 years 2 months ago #10934

• McZed
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
No offence taken Trikebldr.
In Scotland where I live Harley owners are looked on as a bit gay, I think it’s the leather chaps some of them wear that does it. :ohmy: If I’m out on the Harley very few other bikers will give a friendly wave when they pass because they’re not seen as real bikers, and you should hear the stick I get from my mates about my choice of machine. The big Z however gets us treated like rock stars when we meet up with other bikers.
B)
Z1300 UK

slamming harleys?? 8 years 2 months ago #10936

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38

McZed wrote: No offence taken Trikebldr.
In Scotland where I live Harley owners are looked on as a bit gay, I think it’s the leather chaps some of them wear that does it. :ohmy: If I’m out on the Harley very few other bikers will give a friendly wave when they pass because they’re not seen as real bikers, and you should hear the stick I get from my mates about my choice of machine. The big Z however gets us treated like rock stars when we meet up with other bikers.
B)

That's quite amusing! Sorta brings to mind the song "YMCA" and the gay characters who sing it! It just shows that perception is all a matter of location! Any leather here in the US is seen as a rich man's apparel. Nothing gay about it, unless the rear is cut out and he doesn't wear any jeans under them! I don't shun Harley riders on the road at all, but I do scoff at them when they try to tell me that they don't shake or vibrate and that they are the most comfortable in the world on long trips! Yes, it seems to be a fickled world we live in, huh? Bring your Harley to America and I will wave at you every time we pass! I'll even ride with you!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds