Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 3 months ago #10881

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

RickG wrote:

Kawboy wrote: It's only -6 cel. here in southern Ontario this morning. 2 days ago it was -18 cel. Last winter we had a stretch of -25 cel. so I ain't complaining. Besides, I'm out of here and headed to Australia and New Zealand for a month. Busy trip planned including a cruise. (The wife planned it)

If you're comming my way we could make a time for coffee. I'm in South East Queensland and highly mobile.
Anyhow you'll be here for more than a month because you wont want to leave

I wish the itinerary was a little more open in Australia. Would have liked to have had the time to tour around. Maybe this trip will set us up for a return visit. Thanks for the offer though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 3 months ago #10882

• lucasind
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13

trikebldr wrote: You suck, Tony! (JK, of course!) Question: that bike "dolly", do you have to remove the chain? Prolly wouldn't be good for a shaft drive, huh? Don't like small, lightweight trailers? Harbor Freight's smallest trailer would handle even my big beast with a single rail added, and it's only $137 from time to time.
I was going to ask how you keep coming up with all these great bike deals, but I realize you do have to take a chance, and sometimes you sorta lose. I guess you came out smelling like roses on this one! Congrats! I think I got lucky on my latest 1300, too! I've been meaning to ask, did you come out ahead overall on that Gold Wing you put so much time into?

Hello Bruce ! The bike dolly : greatest thing since sliced bread ! :silly: ..... When I first got it , I used to remove the chain from the bikes being towed,but I never do anymore approaching 5000 miles of pulling the Zrex shown in the photo ,and all is well ! ...Now, as far as towing a shaft drive bike I have not done that yet ... I have a bike trailer out back, but never use it.
How do I find deals on bikes ? my evening ritual with me laptop of course ....I don't mind taking a bit of a roadtrip to look at a bike, especially in the warm months, when I can throw a leg over a bike....to go look at a bike !
As far as the red goldwing project... I bought that bike for $500. bucks,but it was the bike trailer that came with it that I was most interested in .
The guy would not separate. I put a ga-jillion hours of labor into that wing, but that's ok....I sold it for a thousand,so the money was straight,put got nothing for all the hours of labor and chasing for parts and such...but as you know ,bikes are my passion ! :woohoo:
I can't wait to have a look at your new (30 year old) bike in June ...as it looks great in the pictures that you have shared with the group.
...........................Tony :)

Last edit: by lucasind.

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 2 months ago #11003

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Well my deep clean continues: and tomorrow will fit the Sports Muffler supplied by Lauri, form these hallowed pages

Carbs back together after some major issues - now seriously clean, inside and out,

Cant wait to get my new paint set :woohoo: :woohoo:

Tony I'm envious, I wish I could ride south to the sun: l spent a lot of time in Florida and Arizona; really do miss
the climate B)

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: globemaster

Last edit: by Tonto.

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 2 months ago #11010

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
You do nice work there mister.I can tell you're a purist and I can appreciate the effort you put in to your restorations. Kudos to you. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 2 months ago #11022

• globemaster
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Tonto, Your work is outstanding. The carburetors are beyond impressive. How did you get them so perfectly shiny? Did you meticulously hand polish each component of the carburetor assembly?

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 2 months ago #11027

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
John, thanks - I know we all love our old bikes on this forum.

Globemaster: I think I am a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning and polishing :blush:
With the carbs it was a case bright zinc plate and/or passivate all ancilliary bits and hand polishing the bodies after being in the ultrasonic tank. Was thinking of chroming the tops but never got around to it It.

Today I fitted the sports mufflers that Lauri supplied, they are really well made and fit like a glove.

Will post a final pic when I get my paint set back in a few weeks time.
Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds