Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

sidecar mounts 8 years 4 months ago #10441

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97

trikebldr wrote: kza13, not a fan at all of those clamps that use two tapered/stepped inserts that "bite" into the frame tubes. Is that on a 1300? I do like the framing arrangement on the sidecar, though! Good triangulation in two planes.

You should be able to fly that car as much as you want and not worry about the mounts. Worry more about your bike's wheel bearings and steering head bearings.

If possible, I would drill out the bolt holes and go one size larger and use grade 8 (SAE) bolts.

Yeh it's on my '79, same mounts (except for the one that had the broken bolt in it) that I've been using since the mid 80's, they hold well, good contact and I can remove them and still have an original bike. Never really worried about the wheel bearings or head bearings, change them now and again when I think about them. Also don't want to go drilling out holes, it would alter the originality and just using longer ones would fix the problem, and i'll even give it a kick with my boot every time I get on to check them from now on :-) Lifes too short to get over complicated or to worry about clamps biting or wheel or head bearings getting a little wear in them, no offence meant, only posted photos to give you some other views of how chairs are mounted, cheers
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds