Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New to me 8 years 6 months ago #9631

• RickG
  • RickG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
The bike may be an import and not originally sold new in Australia because it has the breather contraption and the plates on top of the cam cover. As far as I know the A1 was not sold here with that system. I would say the chair was fitted in Australia as there are no indication that it has been changed to the left side Of course being 37 years old any number of changes and repairs could have been done and parts replaced.
Does anybody know if there is a record of what frame numbers went to each country or does Kawasaki treat those things like a CIA secret
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to me 8 years 6 months ago #9637

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Rick,
I have almost 60 views to my inquiry about your hack, but not one comment yet about what it may be! Will let you know as soon as someone says something.

New to me 8 years 6 months ago #9638

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks. I have drawn a complete blank here but what is frustrating is that I know I have seen one in the flesh but I cant for the life of me remember where or when. It was probably the only other one like it.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

New to me 8 years 6 months ago #9656

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I now have 75 views over on the sidecar site, but nobody has offered a guess at what it is. I'm sticking with home-made from a basic shell. But, that body rise behind the seat back doesn't fit any of the models I have ever seen! Several models have that basic bread-loaf shape with their own rise behind the seat back, but not just like this one.
I say restore it and keep the world guessing! Looks roomy inside, too! Add stereo, a heater, a 10 gallon gas tank behind the seat with a pump to transfer, an electric tilt and a nice model-t type rag top and it would be all set. But, please put it on the right (correct) side!!!

New to me 8 years 6 months ago #9657

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
And the mystery deepens. I have been thinking of a convertible type rag top but before anything else a massive re-organization of the man cave so my extra bikes fit in.
Z1300 A1 x 2

New to me 8 years 6 months ago #9678

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well, Rick, I've had over 90 views to my thread about identifying your 'car, but not one reply! Oh, well, we will just heretofore call it a Rick-Shaw!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RickG

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds