Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

off idle hesitation 9 years 4 months ago #5411

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
If the stutter gets worse as the bike gets hotter to me that would suggest it is running richer in that area not leaner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

off idle hesitation 9 years 4 months ago #5412

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
I did enrich en and really didn't resolve the off idle stutter it just fouled the plugs and stunk up my garage. Your right as it gets hot it usually means a rich condition? Could be a bad coil as well?

off idle hesitation 9 years 4 months ago #5419

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Just wondering, my '79 model, if I fiddle with the timing a tad, either advance or retard, it changes the lag, also you see in some of these motor horsepower shows on tv that they change the strength of the springs on the mechanical advancer, wonder if that would do anything to this common problem, but this is only my thoughts on my bike, I just give it a gut full to get past the lag quickly :-)
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

off idle hesitation 9 years 4 months ago #5420

• McZed
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I would definitely change the coils. I fitted an Accel coil kit to mine, it was a bit pricey but it made huge difference to the hot starting and miss firing issues I had.
Z1300 UK

off idle hesitation 9 years 4 months ago #5421

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
I fitted those aw82 coils got them free put new leads and end caps on them for about $40.
Aw82 coil how to

off idle hesitation 9 years 4 months ago #5425

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
I have a DYNA coils and Dyna2000 ignition installed on my ride. I did change the spark plugs because I fouled the ones installed while playing with the A/F mixture. I was looking at my carbs off the bike and I noticed one of the slides is kind of sticky.I thought maybe I found the problem.Sooo I took out my Dremel and carefully polished up the the slide bores to a smooth finish.Then I wiped them down with a microfiber cloth dampen with some carb cleaner.The slides went up and down alot smoother.For good measure I put a thin film of some ATF fluid I had handy.Put the clip back to the 3rd position,set my A/F screws to 3 1/2 turns.The bike ran smooth no hesitation but it did unfortunately come back but not that bad though.Tomorrow I;ll do a quick color tune and recheck my cables.It don't come easy for me.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds