Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

engine running on 2.5 cylinders? 9 years 5 months ago #5158

• met1212
  • met1212's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
thanks again bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

engine running on 2.5 cylinders? 9 years 5 months ago #5161

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
I recently fitted the aw82 coils from a cb 900 got them free fitted new leads and caps for about $40

Heres the diy write up

aw82

Last edit: by aus_z1300.

engine running on 2.5 cylinders? 9 years 5 months ago #5162

• met1212
yeah thanks pete......sounds an interesting operation.
the more i go into this bike of myn, i find that these 1300 had teething problems right from the production line.....
i dont know much about these, but people are telling me all sorts of things.
being a 1979, the first op i did on myn, was changing the oil pan to a larger 6 litre one.
then was the cam tensioner that seems to horrify everyone who knows the bike better than i.(thats nearly everyone) which ive yet to do.... and now the coils which you have given me another positive solution to. i notice you are in aus...not sure where you are but im in sydney and i cant seem to find anyone around here that knows these 1300 really well so that i can take to. i am trying to do everything myself with my limited knowledge but i think there will come a time that i will have to get the thing tuned....do you know of anyone around here that knows these bikes?

engine running on 2.5 cylinders? 9 years 5 months ago #5165

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I am in western sydney as for tuning i am i the process of doing mine myself as i have a k&n filter and tranzarc exhaust.
I have a few jets a couple of spare diaphrams some air cut off valves and dynojet kit as well as other parts left over from a complete carb overhaul if you need anything.
I have ordered a colourtune for the idle mixture and the rest i am undecided on i will try the old 4 position plug chop procedure and leave it a little on the rich side to be safe .
I Might even go silly and buy some wideband 02 sensors .

engine running on 2.5 cylinders? 9 years 5 months ago #5178

• met1212
thats the gunsons colortune kit i assume....i have heard a bit about it..... is this something that aids in the balancing the the synchronizing of the carbies?

im also located in sydney.....inner west and it looks like the only half decent person, people are mentioning to do any work in sydney are the guys from surfside....

anyway....i ll have a go at it myself and see what happens. if you see any black smoke coming from over the horizon near the homebush area.....that will be me.

i want to also buy a good chain tension er for this apparent problems these 1300 have. do you know much about that?

i like the idea in changing the coils over....i havent checked them yet, but it will be my next job.

engine running on 2.5 cylinders? 9 years 5 months ago #5182

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I bought the manual tensioner for mine from ebay.
Like this ebay link

Yes the colourtune aids in the tuning of the idle mixture .
Although I have mine running sweet at the moment with the carbs balanced by eye off the bike and the mixture at 3 turns. i would still like to fine tune them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: met1212

Last edit: by aus_z1300.
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds