Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Fuel Injector cleaning 9 years 1 month ago #6286

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
BTW, where did you get a new fuel pressure regulator?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel Injector cleaning 9 years 1 month ago #6287

• samchar12
  • samchar12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Not new, new to me. Found it on ebay, but apparently works. My old one couldn't get pressure above 20-25 psi

Fuel Injector cleaning 9 years 1 month ago #6290

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ooo, ooo, ooo, ooo, ooo! Do you still have the old one? I collect old, non-working parts like that and try to rejuvenate them, or cut them open to see why they quit. I will pay you shipping costs for the part.

Fuel Injector cleaning 9 years 1 month ago #6291

• samchar12
  • samchar12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I believe I still do. Let me take a look and will get back with you. Be nice to know how these silly things work. I think mine is just gunked up from sitting for a decade.

Fuel Injector cleaning 9 years 1 month ago #6292

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I have three of them, but all three work as spec'd so to cut one open would be a waste if I can't figure out a way to reassemble it. Your's is the first one I have heard of that doesn't work. I'm also in hopes that a good soaking in Seafoam might get it back in shape. These things are just too expensive, even used, to just throw away, so I want to at least try to find a way to salvage them, IF they can be. If the Seafoam trick doesn't work, then I will cut it open to look inside. I'm hoping to find all metal parts. If I cut it open and find the problem and can fix it, then the way I would cut it I would be able to make an adapter ring to re-close it. I will definitely post lots of detail, close-up pics of it's guts!

Fuel Injector cleaning 9 years 1 month ago #6298

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Just a quick mention. All automotive fuel injectors have a micro filter in the top of the injector bodies. There's some Youtube videos on injector cleaning which includes disassembly, cleaning in ultrasonic cleaner, replacing the micro filter, reassembly and testing. If the Seafoam works and you get a nice conical spray pattern and equal flow rates, you're done. If you have an injector that's coming up short on flow, it may be some micro (wait for it, wait for it, Scotch blinks twice), "Effluent" partially blocking the micro filter.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds