• Page:

TOPIC:

Had a problem, finally figued out 9 years 4 months ago #5639

• Toddh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65
Hello Mike:

My carb documentation indicates I set the float height at 27MM from the bottom of the float gasket mating surface to the lowest part of the float body. (Carbs resting upside down)

For float drop, set the carbs right side up and measure from the same two points, gasket mating surface to the bottom of the float. That I set to 36MM

I then assembled the carbs and checked it with a tube and wet level method as called out in the shop manual. If I recall correctly, I was at the lower portion of the limit of the wet float level setting. By using either a K&L or Motion Pro graduated tube.

Your 81 should have the newer nipple fitting, thereby making it easier to fit a clear tube on the nipple for measurement.

Wet level measured from the carb and bowel parting line and below.

what I wanted to achieve with this level was to have the fuel level at the lower aspect of the factory wet level; in an attempt at preventing carb flooding and from having too high of a fuel level in the bowl.

After a year since this last rebuild, the bike still starts right up and idles nicely.

Keep us posted.

Regards.

Todd.
KZ1300 A-4 4TH 1300 IN 30 YEARS
KZ1000 D-3/ Z1R
ZX900 GPZ A-3
KZ750 E-1
K1200GT
CB750F 1978

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds