Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Choke Plunger Question 10 years 2 weeks ago #2951

• Toddh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65
This winter I also tore into my carbs and used the low cost kits from Japan. With the same choke plunger without the guide pin. The factory ones with the pins are almost impossible to find.

So far, I have been able to make the bike run lean to brown on the plugs with no choke problems. When I installed the new kits a couple of months ago, I also was concerned about the deck height of the plunger and by not having the guide pins.

In the end, my choke operates fine, and does not seem to make the bike run rich.

One way to tell. After some use, the choke pistons should have a wear pattern on the bottom of the neoprene rubber cap. If there is no ring, or an uneven wear ring, then I think that would indicate that the plunger is not being fully seated into the boss at the bottom of the choke bore.

So far these non OEM plungers seem to be working fine on my end.

For the cost, I think the low cost kits from Japan are better than the Keyster Kits. The last time I used the Keyster Kits, the Jet Needles gave me some problems and there were no adjustment groves on the needle.

Hope this helps.

Todd.
KZ1300 A-4 4TH 1300 IN 30 YEARS
KZ1000 D-3/ Z1R
ZX900 GPZ A-3
KZ750 E-1
K1200GT
CB750F 1978

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Choke Plunger Question 10 years 1 week ago #3091

• chrisleo
  • Thank you received: 0
Same here, have not had any issues with the new plungers. I was a bit concerned as well, but when I checked the track, those little bits are only guide pins and if closed down properly should not let any excess get through..
Z1300 A-5 - 1984
Z1300 A-1 - 1979
GL1100 - 1982
VMAX 1200 - 2002
Honda CBX1000 1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds