• Page:

TOPIC:

PODS! 3 years 7 months ago #27653

• rdurost
  • rdurost's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I installed my pods from Nickola a couple days ago. No drama at all. It has a minor off-idle lean stumble, like my '77 GoldWing, but only 20% as bad. Stumble is probably too strong a word. It's more of a sag, and a certain tendency to act like a two-stroke, in the sense that it runs best under load, and misfires a bit under neutral throttle. I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't run exactly the same with the airbox.

On the GoldWing, all it takes to fix the off-idle stumble is to implement Randaak's "off-idle fix" which consists of installing a restriction in the air bleed circuit for each carb, which is is transformational. In the case of the 1300, I have hopes that uncovering the idle mixture screws and a very minor adjustment will take care of it.

I've only put an additional six (6) miles on the bike, by making concentric circles around Fossil, so if it had another carb issue, I could walk home for tools, etc. On the other hand, it got fully up to temperature, didn't smoke, although it did seep some coolant, so that's the top of the new list. I'm within 10% of trusting this beast to the 19-mile trip to the nearest town!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PODS! 3 years 7 months ago #27784

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
I looked at those pods, but they are friggin' expensive, particularly when also having to pay freight to the UK and 20% duty on top of the combined freight+purchase price!

In the end I went with the standard top air box with a aluminium plate underneath with four round holes and four round pods glued to the plate, total cost about £45.

I have not ridden the bike enough to see if I have any stumbling issues...

Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by McBoney.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds