Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Those 3 ellusive washers/spacers for the center vacuum tube. 4 years 1 month ago #26142

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Playing the Devils Advocate:
If I were in the situation of not having them - Would I assemble the carbs without them?
Although they are intended to avoid metal to metal contact I wouldn't loose riding time because of not having them.
Just remember: Without these spacers the main needle will now be lower (leaner mixture) !
So ......The main needles will need raising one groove (assuming you have the 5 groove style) to maintain the top-end mixture.
In the mean time I'd be sourcing them. The "Catch-22" : Might as well "make" them and be done with the issue to avoid having to re & re the carbs down the road when you do have them - "Home-made" or otherwise.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Those 3 ellusive washers/spacers for the center vacuum tube. 4 years 1 month ago #26144

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Why dissecting this if we hate academical experimentations, which I know you hate!
I offered a simple stock replacement solution. Even better - up to date material wise made in Japan, because it was made currently in Japan.

Then people wonder why their bikes don't run... DIY innovations are great, but sometimes stock is best. After all, negating the thought behind the original design of the time would be like trying to insult the original makers. The straight off the line KZ1300 I bet worked well. Keeping in mind all the modern times possibilities, personally, I just can't stray away much from considering the original design, which got tested relentlessly over many years before release.

Last edit: by StanG.

Those 3 ellusive washers/spacers for the center vacuum tube. 4 years 1 month ago #26146

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
They were put there by Mikuni for a very good reason so need to be there.

If not , they would not have put them there.

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Those 3 ellusive washers/spacers for the center vacuum tube. 4 years 1 month ago #26157

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
Was missing one of mine, and the PO (for whatever reason) replaced it with some gasket material. Which was in the process of falling apart.

Thankfully, z1300.de sells replacements (metal rather than the original plastic), so they are available. Even IF shipping costs more than the item itself.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds