Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

butterfly screws stuck, washers for diaphragm. 4 years 2 weeks ago #26153

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
Now that we have an Official Supplier of these spacers, there's no need for offering ideas for creating them. Now we know.

Brass Floats, the Cleaning tool, Head-On valve-spring compressor plans, idle-jet corrosion diagnosis, Choke-Air modification, D.G. Header vs. the center-Stand modification, G.M. Ignition Coil adaptation, etc................ all came from a NEED ! Generally referred to as IMAGINATION and CREATIVITY.

Frankly; If a part is no longer available and must be made; I see little if any difference between parting-off a spacer as I discovered or buying a plastic washer and having to trim the O/S dia. with scissors. The end result is the same.

And YES - I KNOW they should be in place ! The whole point was missed (or ignored)

If an appreciation for this can not be realized then this forum is lost and likely explains why it's only several of us that routinely offer-up such ideas.
B) :( :) :cheer: ;) :P :angry: :unsure: :ohmy: :huh: :dry: :lol: :sick: :silly: :blink: :blush: :oops: :kiss: :woohoo: :side: :S :evil: :whistle: :pinch:
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.

butterfly screws stuck, washers for diaphragm. 4 years 2 weeks ago #26154

• Greg Davis
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I guess I don't often consider what others may be running into, I have a full machine shop and don't often give it another thought if a part is broken or missing just go to the material bin, Select stock and gitter done!! on that note if someone ever needs an item look me up I may be able to help especially items like this, Made mine from U.H.M.W. two were missing from my carbs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

butterfly screws stuck, washers for diaphragm. 4 years 2 weeks ago #26155

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
Thanks for a civil, constructive and appreciative comment.:)
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

butterfly screws stuck, washers for diaphragm. 4 years 2 weeks ago #26159

• CWB
  • CWB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi Scotch and Greg and Stan and others

From my perspective with these needed modifications on the KZ and my lack of experience ( and others too, I'm sure ) allows me to soak up the comprehensive knowledge that you major players provide.
There is not a lot of room for a novice to contribute in such a positive way!
However you should know that the information, advice and confidence you pass on encourages the less experienced to push on...that is how your legacy is propagated.

I for one, do not take the forum for granted and value the generosity of all contributors.

Bill

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds