Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Here are some suggestions for refurbishing the carburetor: 4 years 4 months ago #25590

• László
  • László's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Attempting to disassemble the idle nozzle with a faulty screwdriver, it may damage the nozzle and cannot be removed because the nozzle will be stuck in the hole.
Therefore, a hole (but exactly one axis) must be drilled into the side opposite of the nozzle, and an M5 thread must be drilled too, that way the nozzle can be gently knocked out. Once the "surgery" is completed, this technology hole can be closed with a short screw.
This makes cleaning of the complicated idling canal easier.
Due to the large number of removals, the upper part of the holder, needlejet is no longer sealed and there is excess fuel entering the engine at idle. If there is no air filter plastic connected on the carburetor you can see the spilling gasoline.  An 8 * 1 mm O-ring has to be slotted in there so that the O-ring is completely sealed.
The sealing edge of the idle cut off valve will also be damaged, the rubber will dry out and the engine will draw in idle air when, so these must be replaced.
A new "O" ring is also required for the idle mixture volume adjustment screws.
Symptoms of these faults are unset adjustable idling, non-decreasing idle speed, nail exhaust.
The diameter of the idle stop valve head must not be less than the size shown in the illustration. You should make a groove for the mixture adjusting screw for better access.

The Scotch swimmers are good for adjusting petrol levels   
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Here are some suggestions for refurbishing the carburetor: 4 years 4 months ago #25592

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Laszlo: In this picture, The Emulsion-tube is sitting correctly in the venturi

In this picture - presumably after the addition of the O-ring, the emulsion tube is sitting too high and the disruption to the air flow may have an adverse affect on the fuel draw And the additional height is also going to create a very lean mixture throughout that fuel delivery range......in my opinion

Nice Brass "swimmers" :lol:

Of Equal (Great concern) is related to the change of height of the newly o-ringed emulsion tube and it's alignment relative to the fuel port that delivers fuel to the idle circuit. It appears to me that they will no longer align thereby restricting/preventing any fuel from being delivered to the idle circuit.

1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Last edit: by scotch.

Here are some suggestions for refurbishing the carburetor: 4 years 4 months ago #25593

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
I can see the fuel line was made in Poland. It says 'for fuels, gasoline and oils'! :)

Here are some suggestions for refurbishing the carburetor: 4 years 4 months ago #25594

• László
No no. The o-ring is not placed under the shoulder but on its side. So it doesn't hold the tube. This image was taken when the tube was not in place. See the other picture. The two pictures were made just to see when the tube is in place. On my atomizer, the factory small shoulder is not sealed at all. The main nozzle should not be tightened enough to seal the shoulder.
I have successfully applied this solution on other dust extractors, eg GSX1100E.
What's more, the engine runs flawlessly, responds to the quantity adjusting screw, has a good candle image, has a nice idle speed, drops the rev, etc.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daro

Here are some suggestions for refurbishing the carburetor: 4 years 4 months ago #25595

• László
Yes it is a very good quality polish tube. Can't buy one at your place?

Here are some suggestions for refurbishing the carburetor: 4 years 3 months ago #25597

• Daro
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Stan i am made in Poland too :woohoo: i have a carburetor bodies with leaking emulsion tubes, at first i did not noticed that, firs when pressure flushing the carbs with pump. I was thinking maybe teflon tape coud cure this, is very thin so could work.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds