• Page:

TOPIC:

Manual of carb 10 years 2 months ago #1602

• wrgoo56
  • wrgoo56's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Ok I am going to ask a question I think I already know the answer too. Is there a book or manual on just the carbs . I would like to see a total break down of the carbs and what every thing does . Now the reason I ask this is cause from all my years working on cars books like these helps you to be able to tweak the carbs so they run better. Sorry just the old drag racer in me coming out tweak every thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by wrgoo56.

Manual of carb 10 years 2 months ago #1605

• Toddh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65
Hello wrgoo56:

The best manual with illustrations is the Kaw factory shop manual. Our BSW32 carbs are so unique, there is not much literature outside of what Kawasaki initially offered.

There is not much in the way of aftermarket parts, to turn these into performance carburetors.

Other literature which can be helpful would be generic information on understanding mixture.

If I am not mistaken, the A-5 was the last Z1300 to get carburetors, prior to the 1984 model year turning into the ZG13 with fuel injection.

Regards.

Todd.
KZ1300 A-4 4TH 1300 IN 30 YEARS
KZ1000 D-3/ Z1R
ZX900 GPZ A-3
KZ750 E-1
K1200GT
CB750F 1978

Manual of carb 10 years 2 months ago #1606

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
I second everything Todd states.

The carbs are actually very basic. If you take your time stripping them (and take step by step photos) you cannot really go far wrong.

Not a lot you can do to them other than alter jet size which is hardly worth it as they don run any better with larger or smaller sizes.
I have tried "so called" tune up kits over the years for our carbs.......& achieved nothing but problems.

Just keep them REALLY clean & make sure your mixtures are correct & you will be ok.

Do yourself a favour & but a GUNSONS COLOR TUNE PLUG.........will save a lot of time & effort & get your carbs running spot on.

Pete F
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Manual of carb 10 years 2 months ago #1619

• wrgoo56
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
About what I figured. I going to get me a color tune plug. Actully what I was hoping for is to inprove the mixture flow and the mixture tuning of the carbs. I guess this next year I going to get me a set of back up carbs to play with and see if I can work my old car magic on motorcycle carbs. Yes I am a guy that like to play and try to improve things.

Manual of carb 10 years 2 months ago #1621

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
And if you can swing it financially, buy as many plugs as you can. Taking the one plug out six times when it is hot- bit of a pain so to speak.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Manual of carb 10 years 2 months ago #1666

• wrgoo56
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
understand that on the plugs did a lot of that its last year on this refit. and yes the plug are getting hard to get in some places.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds