Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Fuel Solenoid Query 6 years 6 months ago #17525

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Hi Lare. Any chance a picture or two could be taken and posted of how and where you mounted the 2nd shut off ?
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel Solenoid Query 6 years 6 months ago #17538

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Even with the Pingel I am paranoid about leaking fuel so I left the inline shut off valve I put on it before I got the Pingel. Its not hurting anything sitting there. Matches my ugly fuel filter lol

Fuel Solenoid Query 6 years 6 months ago #17570

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
You will see the red valve below the carbs, I have also mounted an inline filter there.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

Fuel Solenoid Query 6 years 5 months ago #17692

• Scorpio2016
  • Thank you received: 2
Dave Ewing told me once to take off the fuel solenoid and throw it away. Just remember to shut off your fuel about a minute before you shut the motor off. Your problem could also be a bad coil. Starts up fine but loses power and finally stops after you’re far enough from home that you can’t push it back...but after your bike cools off it starts up fine. Mine did that and it was coils.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonto

Fuel Solenoid Query 6 years 5 months ago #17693

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Not certain if this is applicable but worth the check. I had an ignition trigger that would cut-out when hot. Turn the bike off for 30 seconds and it would run fine for another 50-100 kilometers. The difference with mine is that the bike would continue to run on 4 cylinders although it ran like crap !
The issue being discussed and as explained sounds more like a fuel delivery problem. Typically this is a blocked fuel-tank vent or inadequate flow through a fuel filter.
I've seen several carb-sets that had the fuel ports (directly above the float-needle) clogged with rust. The rust particulate was fine enough to pass through the fuel-filter mesh. It then settled and accumulated on top of the needle-valve body until it eventually built up enough to close off the small fuel delivery hole in the needle-valve body.
The fine debris was small enough to pass by the needle-valve/seat so didn't cause a flooding issue. My experience has shown that (usually) a sudden cut out is "electrical" in nature. A gradual decrease in RPM/performance suggests "Fuel". These conditions typically don't improve on their own and will often manifest into a worsening problem.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonto

Last edit: by scotch.

Fuel Solenoid Query 6 years 5 months ago #17704

• Scorpio2016
  • Thank you received: 2
I thought my ignition issue was a fuel starvation problem originally and wasted a lot of time with carb and gas filter inspections. That’s why I brought it up.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds