Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hard to start after stopping overnight 7 years 1 day ago #16016

• Ace
  • Ace's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Has anyone tried to install a more modern fuel injection system on a zn 1300? Maybe something with an oxygen sensor?
I notice a vacuum line going to a sensor that it's frame mounted above the throttle bodies...it's this a maf sensor? I don't see it anywhere in the schematic for the computer or fuel injection diagrams.. I'm trying to figure out a situation where after the bike sits overnight it it's very difficult to start and I usually have to unplug the fuel pump wire and replug it once it attempts to start..
This it's a new problem and once the engine warms up it runs fine and even after sitting a few hours starts back up easily
Any ideas where to look to resolve this problem?
I'm curious if it could be a coil problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hard to start after stopping overnight 7 years 1 day ago #16034

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

Ace wrote: Has anyone tried to install a more modern fuel injection system on a zn 1300? Maybe something with an oxygen sensor?
I notice a vacuum line going to a sensor that it's frame mounted above the throttle bodies...it's this a maf sensor? I don't see it anywhere in the schematic for the computer or fuel injection diagrams.. I'm trying to figure out a situation where after the bike sits overnight it it's very difficult to start and I usually have to unplug the fuel pump wire and replug it once it attempts to start..
This it's a new problem and once the engine warms up it runs fine and even after sitting a few hours starts back up easily
Any ideas where to look to resolve this problem?
I'm curious if it could be a coil problem?

Section 3 page 6 in the zn1300 service manual shows an air temperature sensor on the frame rail right side just above the air box.

Are there any codes flashing on the DFI control unit ? It's self diagnosing and there a LED which will flash a code. The code can be reviewed against the chart on page 3-5 of the manual. If any one of the sensors doesn't report back to the DFI control unit then the DFI control unit will go into limp mode. Limp mode will make the bike hard to start.

Hard to start after stopping overnight 7 years 1 day ago #16037

• Craig
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 43
Have you carried out a compression test lately? Could be low compression causing you early morning cold starts. Just a thought.

Hard to start after stopping overnight 7 years 1 day ago #16040

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Check the injectors aren't leaking a bit which would flood the engine with fuel and disconnecting the pump would allow it to clear then start when you reconnect the pump.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds