Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

zg1300 injection pump replacement 7 years 2 months ago #15437

• anfo
  • anfo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:( Does anybody have any idea what replacement fuel pump I can get in the uk that would be suitable for my zg1300?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

zg1300 injection pump replacement 7 years 2 months ago #15441

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
I fitted a Bosch automotive fuel-injection pump to mine some years ago. I'll pull out the paperwork for it tomorrow when I'm home.
Only dead fish go with the flow

zg1300 injection pump replacement 7 years 2 months ago #15443

• anfo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for that reply that would be a great help

zg1300 injection pump replacement 7 years 2 months ago #15444

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
Sorry, it wasn't a Bosch pump it was a Pierburg & the part no. was 7.21659.70.0 (6.5 bar). Was about 100 quid back in 2008.
I remember doing a bit of research & they're designed to not fail when run dry occasionally (say when you run onto reserve), where other pumps will. It came with some fittings for the outlet but I sourced a brass elbow with barbed end to fit the Z13 delivery fuel pipe. The inlet is the same size as the existing Z13 flexible fuel pipe. The body diameter of the Pierburg pump is slightly smaller than the original, but I made up the difference in the mounting bracket with a length of coolant hose as in the pic. Oh & you'll have to cut the wires at the old pump & crimp on the supplied ring terminals for the pump electrical supply.

Last edit: by Phil.

zg1300 injection pump replacement 7 years 2 months ago #15445

• anfo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:) Thanks for that information Phil, very grateful, I thought a 6 bar pump might have too much pressure but it obviously works on your bike ok.
I bought the bike from somebody who was rebuilding it after having the frame plastic coated and have been re- commissioning it after not being used for a few years, I've got a good spark and have to just sort the injection and hope the dfi is ok. Like your bike by the way I can see a lot of work has gone into it, what an improvement rearsets make to the riding position my bike is fitted with them. Tony

zg1300 injection pump replacement 7 years 2 months ago #15446

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
No worries Tony, ask away :) Maybe I should've mentioned that I replaced the original fuel pressure regulator with an aftermarket adjustable one, Pierburg do the same pump in a 3 bar version too, which is more in line with the ZG13's usual rail pressure of between 32 - 36 psi. The 3 bar one is less likely to overwhelm the original pressure regulator too I guess, if you wanted to keep it.
What rear sets have you got fitted Tony?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds