Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

carb rebuild kits 7 years 5 months ago #14844

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Kawboy wrote: Well there ya go. Ten bucks to rebuild 2 sets of carbs with better than original replacement orings fully compatable with ethanol. What more could be said.

The only other thing that should be considered is the fuel line. All high pressure fuel line for the newer vehicles is compatable with the ethanol. If you have original fuel line or fuel line marked buna N or Nitrile, you should change it out for the newer high pressure fuel line. The old stuff will swell caused by the effects of the ethanol and the swelling occurs on the inside as well as the outside diameter, meaning reduced flow due to swelling.

I think something may have swollen in my pingel fuel tap as my fuel flow rate looks very slow through the glass filter. Do they suffer with 'O'ring issues?
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

carb rebuild kits 7 years 5 months ago #14847

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

zed_thirteen wrote:

Kawboy wrote: Well there ya go. Ten bucks to rebuild 2 sets of carbs with better than original replacement orings fully compatable with ethanol. What more could be said.

The only other thing that should be considered is the fuel line. All high pressure fuel line for the newer vehicles is compatable with the ethanol. If you have original fuel line or fuel line marked buna N or Nitrile, you should change it out for the newer high pressure fuel line. The old stuff will swell caused by the effects of the ethanol and the swelling occurs on the inside as well as the outside diameter, meaning reduced flow due to swelling.

I think something may have swollen in my pingel fuel tap as my fuel flow rate looks very slow through the glass filter. Do they suffer with 'O'ring issues?

Absolutely. I had a pingel on my H2 750 and nothing but trouble. Couldn't go 4 weeks without the nitrile seal swelling up and then tearing when I went to shut off the fuel tap. Pingel sent me out 3 replacement taps free and I could never get any of the taps to last more than a few weeks. It was only later when I realized that the ethanol was causing the problem and now I'm gun shy. I have yet to find a replacement for that seal in the pingel taps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds