• Page:

TOPIC:

Fuel nipple replacement 7 years 11 months ago #12136

• brandonsmash
  • brandonsmash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
I'm missing the carb body fuel nipple from my rack. I have no idea where the hell it's gone, and it's kind of critical (it's part number 92005-1018). It looks like it's essentially gone.

It's a super-simple piece: Just about 5.5cm long with an O-ring set at either end.

i.ebayimg.com/images/g/qaMAAOSwFGNWScBV/s-l500.jpg

Has anyone found any other part that may crossover with this functionally?
Cut to approximate, smash to fit!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel nipple replacement 7 years 11 months ago #12142

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Hi Brandon,

It is basically a piece of tubing and two O-rings. Since it is fixed between two carburetors it cannot fall out.
Any piece of plastic or aluminium tubing with suitable length and diameter will do. O-rings are available in different sizes, once you find suitable ones with correct outer dimension, all you need is to get a piece of tube which is suitable for the inner dimension and there you have it.

KISS principle always works.

Cheers, Lare

Fuel nipple replacement 7 years 11 months ago #12148

• brandonsmash
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Yeah, I was even thinking of making my own. I don't have a lathe, though, so it would have to be done on my mill and my mill skills aren't that great. The only real difficulty (aside from getting the OD right) would be the grooves for the O-rings.

Fuel nipple replacement 7 years 11 months ago #12182

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Once you have the O-rings that suit the carb body opening size, you can use almost any size tube as long as it flows appr. same amount of fuel. You do not need grooves in the tube if you place a spacer in between the carbs, that prevents the o-rings from coming out.

Fuel nipple replacement 7 years 11 months ago #12196

• brandonsmash
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I may have to get a piece of aluminum tube the approximate OD I need and turn it down in my mill, using it as a makeshift lathe. The eBay guy wants $20 to replicate the part and while that's not necessarily unreasonable, it's a bit more than I'd want to pay for one stupid little fitting that I stupidly lost like a big ol' stupid.

Fuel nipple replacement 7 years 11 months ago #12199

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

brandonsmash wrote: I may have to get a piece of aluminum tube the approximate OD I need and turn it down in my mill, using it as a makeshift lathe. The eBay guy wants $20 to replicate the part and while that's not necessarily unreasonable, it's a bit more than I'd want to pay for one stupid little fitting that I stupidly lost like a big ol' stupid.

$20 . I spend more than that at Tim Horton's in a day. I can't believe he'd even consider for $20. He's tooled up to do this work since he's already making fuel line tees. You're going to piss around grinding tool bits and trying to do this in a mill?

Pay the man. And while he's making the "stupid little part" focus your attention on that wiring harness. That's a huge job and I wouldn't stop my focus on that until it's finished.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds