Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Long Road Ahead of Me..... 9 years 5 months ago #5361

• Tyler
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Its best to use steady even pressure when pushing out a wet sleeve. The O-rings tend to "hold" them back is you use a hammer... A large clamp can work to push them out.

In my experience with Kawi cranks and bearings they matched the rods together so they all used the same bearing shell at the factory, maybe not all of the time, but in every case I have seen they did. The 650/750's use plain bearings like the 13's do. Availably of main bearings is limited for the 13's. Germany and South Africa are the only places I know if the get them. Unless you buy individual ones as they show up on e-bay.

I am ahead of you though, the crank may be fine and you wont have to worry about any of this.

Plastiguage doesn't lie, check your clearances before you start swapping out any parts. The table in the manual will give you the correct bearing shell.
1981 KZ1300
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lucien-Harpress

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Long Road Ahead of Me..... 9 years 5 months ago #5362

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Lucien-Harpress's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
I learned my lesson with sleeves. The replacement block had two bad sleeves, so I started on those. They came out relatively easily. On the next (good) one, I cracked a corner off. On the fourth (another good one), I started cracking that one as well. At that point, I got to thinking- I have to take this to a shop to get resurfaced anyhow. Why not let THEM do everything, the right way? I may as well quit while I still have two good sleeves left.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds