Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Muzzy Fan Installation 9 years 8 months ago #4106

• kwak1261
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 72
you can also get a seven bladed stock fan. is this any better/ worse than the four bladed fan or is there no difference ..
Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Muzzy Fan Installation 9 years 8 months ago #4107

• SacredKaw
  • SacredKaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
I don't think the number of blades is the key, so much as "how much air does it move"? The Muzzy fan seems to move substantially more air than the stock fan, and based on the feedback from the guys on the site who have made the conversion, it seems like a no brainer. If you decide to go with a 7 blade fan, let me know how that works for you. I think all of us are looking for the most economical way to cool the big six, but rarely do you hear the words "economical" and "best solution" in the same sentence.

Muzzy Fan Installation 9 years 8 months ago #4111

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I had done this mod on my bike when the old site was still up. The older meijing guide seemed to be much less complicated and worked fine for me. All I needed was a dremel tool and a pair of pliers and I managed to complete the mod successfully :).

My bike had some cooling issues before I tore down the cooling system. I addressed it with the new fan blades, new coolant with water wetter, upgraded fan switch from a zn, and a modified thermostat.

I unfortunately overkilled it, though, and now the bike has trouble staying in the operating range during highway travel. It will pretty much sit at a temp right before the indicator shows the range begins. This was because I modified the thermostat to open too early :(.

So yeah this winter going to be putting in a new thermostat when I take the head of the motor lol. At least I can tell you it's possible to overdo it. At a standstill, the bike has no problem reaching correct temp and staying there with the upgraded zn switch and fan blades. That's really all you need :).

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds