Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Finally Got One! ....sorta. 9 years 11 months ago #3474

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Lucien-Harpress's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
Oh, don't get me wrong. It's a gorgeous setup. However, it seems I suffer from a pathological disgust of fairings of any kind. I realize what they are, and what they do, and acknowledge that they are very good at it. Personally, I can't stand the look of them on any of the bikes I've owned.

Again, anything is possible- once I get it home and look it over, I may change my mind. Right now, however, it's all about the engine. I want to get that puppy unwrapped and uncovered, and remove as many distractions as I can. I've got a touring monster already (a 1200 Goldwing). This one (tentatively dubbed "The Kiwi") is basically my performance monster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Finally Got One! ....sorta. 9 years 11 months ago #3475

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Congrats on your deal that's definitely a sweet ride for the money you've got into it already!

I feel the same way you do about touring and vetter fairings on the larger bikes. I like the way these bikes look without them best!

I also enjoy the look and function of a sporty windscreen or 1/4 fairing though. Especially since it gives me something to tuck into out of the wind when I open up the throttle :)

Last edit: by Mikez.

Finally Got One! ....sorta. 9 years 11 months ago #3476

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Might also suggest you find a cheap set of round lights with matching ears off ebay or a local breaker. With round blinkers to go with 'em. The setup that KZQ has looks really good.

That way you've got a nice looking naked bike to ride while you pursue the original parts for your final setup :). Also serves as cheap insurance to protect what you have.

Personally, I'm keeping cheap knockoff blinkers on my bike and my originals on a shelf. If for some reason my bike finds itself on it's side and those blinkers get damaged I won't have to go looking for rare and/or overpriced replacement parts. Just pick up a new set for next to nothing and keep on riding.

Last edit: by Mikez.

Finally Got One! ....sorta. 9 years 11 months ago #3486

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
I managed to get all of the parts to make it possible to convert my B2 Touring to an A2. The rear seat rails needed a bit of fettling but now I can switch between the two:

or:

It tends to spend most of it's time naked though. I always thought I would have it fully dressed for winter and naked for summer but I doubt I will chose to do winter riding again as I need to take better care of it now.
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Finally Got One! ....sorta. 9 years 11 months ago #3487

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
That is a nice colour on yours zed thirteen. I am looking for a colour like that for my BMW K1100. Would you mind giving me the code etc.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Finally Got One! ....sorta. 9 years 11 months ago #3488

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

RickG wrote: That is a nice colour on yours zed thirteen. I am looking for a colour like that for my BMW K1100. Would you mind giving me the code etc.

I can never remember the names. This is a quote from one of my previous posts:

All body panels re-sprayed in House of Kolor paint. Tangerine Kandy lacquer over metallic Lapis Blue Shimrin. Looks amazing in good sunlight but just look brown otherwise :(

I think they had a couple of coats of clear lacquer on top of that but I can't remember.

The blue was BC-05 and the Tangerine was UK-08
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds