• Thank you received: 6
did a compression test today..

1. 151
2. 133
3. 139
4. 133
5. 144
6. 153

not to bad I think, just the nr. 2 is a bit low in my opinion, with the outer cylinders being that high.
maybe that explains the smoke from the left pipe the firts 2 minutes with cold engine..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

dutch z1300 8 years 8 months ago #8459

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
I would just ride it for a bit. Those are actually not bad at all. When I had my bent rod, all 5 of my cylinders were at something like 120, and the bad one was at 99. Depending on how long it has sat, those numbers may come up as you ride it.

Best explanation for burning oil is bad valve seals. Not overly hard to change, but the head would have to come off. Sticky piston rings might do it too, which should free up as you ride (hopefully). Still, if it goes away relatively quickly, and you're not burning a quart of oil a week, I'd say ride the sucker!

dutch z1300 8 years 7 months ago #9247

• bassie20
  • bassie20's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Well, I didn't take it on my holiday, because I didn't get to ride it as much as I wanted before taking it for such a big ride.
It drives ok for now, but I do have some plug fouling from time to time..

going to put on a modified spare airbox and an exhaust with higher flow, and than see if I can get it all set up just right!

filters just came in.. He doesn't know it yet, but my big brother is going to weld me a nice stainless bracket for them. B)

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds