Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Stiletto Project 4 years 1 week ago #26451

• stilettoman
  • stilettoman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I joined a similar forum about ten years ago, might have been this one. In early 2019 I had a house fire, and lost my computers, hard drives, notebooks etc, so I don't know what user name or other data I might have used.

Some of you might find my project of interest. Go to my web site, select Automotive and scroll down to the Stiletto project:

stilettoman.info

I drive the Stiletto for several years, then had a wiring meltdown. We never found what had caused it, but a lot of things were destroyed including that cheesy plastic box with all the fuses and relays. I had done two Nissan Skyline engine swaps, had lots of spare parts including ECU, Cam sensor. throttle body, etc, so we decided to make the project really interesting and converted everything to the Skyline. Both engines are straight six, dual overhead cam, but the Skyline has a Cam sensor, whereas the Z1300 has only a crank sensor and uses a lost spark system. My machinist mounted the Nissan cam sensor to the exhaust cam and the rest was pretty straightforward. I will post some photos of all this stuff, including the custom intake manifold, when I get a chance. All my existing photos of the conversion were lost in the fire.
We sent the ECU to Nistune, and they swapped one of the circuit boards for one of their design which allows custom tuning. They assured us we would never be able to make it work, but after a few tuning sessions my Tuner expert had it running perfectly. More later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mizztheman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Stiletto Project 4 years 1 week ago #26466

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
That's some incredible craftsmanship going on there. I personally would be very interested in the engine management conversion aspect. My background in machining fitting/pipe fitting welding truly appreciates what you've accomplished. I can just imagine seeing you pass by in the opposite direction and hearing some one say "What the hell was that?"
For the members who wish to stop by his site The Stiletto Project

Looking forward to seeing more of this project of yours and Welcome to the Site !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stilettoman

The Stiletto Project 4 years 1 week ago #26467

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
AWESOME ! Thanks for sharing !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

The Stiletto Project 4 years 1 week ago #26468

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
The boat-shaped bodywork is beautiful. The engine looks quite at home, and sounds great.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds