Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Picked up an 80 KZT30A and am a little confused as to where I need to start 5 years 4 months ago #22466

• bluefan44
  • bluefan44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
I picked this girl up after having been garage kept and rode around the block for 34 years and parked in the last 2 by the owner. Wikipedia does not give me enough info on her so can someone clue me into what sort of find I have here? I'm used to wrenching on my own cars not bikes.

The tank is rusted and varnished pretty badly, but checking the lower parts of the tank that i can reach there is 0 push.

That flat front tire is the original tire it was shipped with.

Is restoring her or cleaning her up and reworking her the better option price wise?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Picked up an 80 KZT30A and am a little confused as to where I need to start 5 years 2 months ago #23281

• jimichu
  • Thank you received: 2
wow, what a great find! it's like a brand new bike from 30 years ago

Picked up an 80 KZT30A and am a little confused as to where I need to start 5 years 2 months ago #23282

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
So what have you decided to do with this bike ?
Looks a pretty good find to me.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Picked up an 80 KZT30A and am a little confused as to where I need to start 5 years 2 months ago #23285

• bluefan44
  • bluefan44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm going to get her running and leave her in her original condition with a few quality of life modifications. I did what I could cleaning the carbs and she fires right up with the choke on no problem. As soon as I turn the choke off she dies out. I need to pull them back apart and clean them again, but its cold and I need to buy tools for it. You can follow along with what i've done so far here. It's grinded to a halt since a friend is sleeping on the couch and I can't be banging away in the garage at 3 in the morning on my nights off.

Picked up an 80 KZT30A and am a little confused as to where I need to start 5 years 2 months ago #23320

• drz1300
  • Thank you received: 0
i also own such a fat mum-
with such a rusted fuel tank it is useles Sto maintaince the carbs-
first fuel tank- than carb-change all fluid(brake -radiator-transmision and engine oil-lubricate all parts needed-change tyres and check bearings (steering&tyre)all fuses and electric curcuits.
Good Luck
KZ1300 A1 1979
SUZUKİGSX1100E 1980
HONDA CBX P- 1990 (Police Version)
HONDA NAUTYDAX 1978
MOTO GRAZİELLA 1964
YAMAHA CHAPY 50
SUZUKİ RV50

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds