Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Crusin Image 1370cc Big Bore Kit 5 years 5 months ago #21878

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Sounds like you were lucky with the bike in some ways! Great!

I was lapping mine with the hand tool. Could you post a photo of that set up you used with your drill? It can't be expensive and would be good to try.

I had my first ride on a 350 with a passenger after a bottle of wine each, haha Good old times. Later spent some time on a small old 80cc Honda - my girlfriend would sit on the seat and I literally had to sit on the tank. We covered many miles like that. Then years on a 750. I'm used to big bikes riding a 1200 Vmax and a super heavy Goldwing, so this KZ is actually not a big deal for me. One thing - I'm working on a lower seat as it is awkward sitting so high and not be able to put my feet fully on the road.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Crusin Image 1370cc Big Bore Kit 5 years 5 months ago #21881

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
This is the pitting on the head before machining. (it's not the current head I am working on but the one already on my running bike)

Attachments:

Crusin Image 1370cc Big Bore Kit 5 years 5 months ago #21882

• Frank833
  • Frank833's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
Yep, that's pitting on that exhaust seat. If you removed that via lapping, it would widen the sealing surface noticeably.

This is the lapping tool I have: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C6QK2BW/ref...01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Crusin Image 1370cc Big Bore Kit 5 years 5 months ago #21884

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Yep, that's pitting on that exhaust seat. If you removed that via lapping, it would widen the sealing surface noticeably.

Yes, that's the fine line. These had to be machined. The other head intakes are fine, but exhaust will need machining as well. Once done, most likely it's not going to be looked at sooner than 20 years.

Last edit: by StanG.
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds