Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 8 months ago #27588

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Coming together nicely Paul and I'm starting to get a picture of the end result.

Just to give you something to think about, I had the windows on the 928 Porsche tinted and was able to watch the installer work his magic. The rear quarter windows curve in both vertical and horizontal directions and window film is a much harder plastic than decals. He very carefully heat shrank the film to fit the curve.It was amazing to watch the wrinkles come out as he worked the heat gun around. I would imagine when working with decals, you could do similar just using the old girls hair dryer (when she's not looking)
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBoney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 8 months ago #27589

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Paul - mind your wife doesn’t discover that Kawboy called her “old girl.” In my experience, that won’t go down well!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy, McBoney

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 8 months ago #27590

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Yes, I tried that, but must have had the wrong film as mine just shrivelled. Also I could not heat it through the backing paper so had to take that off and that then needed four hands to position right on the tank as once a bit stuck on, I could not move it other than pulling it off.... and thereby stretching the film...

After three tries and two messed up stickers I gave up and painted it.

I think the vinyl they use for wrapping cars is also much more amenable to heat shrinking and manipulating... but I had to buy 1m of that and would have ended up paying nearly £40 for the sticker... so I decided against that.
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Last edit: by McBoney.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 8 months ago #27591

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

biltonjim wrote: Paul - mind your wife doesn’t discover that Kawboy called her “old girl.” In my experience, that won’t go down well!

and if I referred to the "young chick's" hair dryer, she may have thought I was referring to the girlfriends hair dryer :ohmy:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 8 months ago #27592

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
You guys will be the end of me!

No old or young women in my life! Just middle-aged :P

It took me a year and a half to tell her about this build.... fortunately I chose my moment and she is OK with it now.... and I am still living in the same house!
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Last edit: by McBoney.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 8 months ago #27593

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Very classic lines in my opinion and I like it !

I have had Predator Stainless Systems on a few of my own 1300's and they are very well made.

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds