Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 9 months ago #27204

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Clamp 'adjusted' (as in: removed) and five of the six pipes in/on. I also solved the one damaged stud.

However, stuck now: so near, yet so far! Last one WILL NOT go in enough to put the nuts on... It's sitting on the bottom lip.

I'll have to think of a way to lever it into place somehow - it already has a jack underneath so weight of the bike is already on it...
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by McBoney.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 9 months ago #27205

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Maybe try loosening off the other 2 pipes going to the same 3 branch, and a bit of a wriggle.
It maybe just enough adjustment to lift it onto the lip / port ?

I always fit exhausts "loose" to begin with until all aligned, then tighten slowly once all good.

Pete F
Uk
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Last edit: by strate6.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 9 months ago #27206

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The two others are as loose as I dare (after stripping a nut previously) and the rear is also loose without the bolt alltogether.

The right went in no problem, this left one is somehow ... shorter, and so the collector box is hitting the rear bottom of the sump and that is just enough to not to give me enough room for the last pipe

I need to somehow lift and shove backwards this pipe...at the same time. Maybe a large clamp...

Otherwise, i'll need to take the whole thing off and maybe bend that particular pipe on the bench... and basho in the top front of the collector box a little to create room. Remember, this system only goes on until I can get my bespoke system made, so not too bothered about damaging it, and these boxes are pretty rusted, so really no use beyond my temporary intentions.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 9 months ago #27213

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ok, where there is a will (and a not-for-purpose tool that can be used) there is a way. :P

Last pipe is on.

Main issue was that the pipe was welded to the collector box (not by me!) and it was a few mm too short. This meant the collector box is tight agains the rear of the oil sump. And that also means I cannot get the rear fixing bolt in as the two holes do not align. As it is temporary I have secured with a piece of coat hanger - it won't come loose. At least now when I have the air box fixed I can have a go at trying to start her up!

I have also bought and Ezybleed system for the brakes, but discovered at home that this one is only for cars as it only has attachments that screw onto a reservoir. Obviously my reservoirs are square :angry:

I am going to try and make a square top to fit on the reservoirs that the Ezybleed fits on to... or... bleed it backwards from the caliper to the reservoir. Not sure if that will work though as it has to get past the MC piston 'the wrong way'... Thoughts on that welcome.

Cheers
Paul
Attachments:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 9 months ago #27217

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
I can backward bleed the front and rear brakes in less than 20 minutes just using a common syringe and piece of pipe onto the bleed nipple.

Easy !

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 9 months ago #27218

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ok, so the fluid goes past the MC piston the wrong way. I could blow into the front ones and air came out of the MC reservoir, but that was not possible with the rear.

I'll give it a go and see.

Later today I will 'create' the new air box.

Paul

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds