Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26738

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Now you’re progressing! I like the look of the front end that you’ve put so much effort into. And what a superb work space you have created.
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBoney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26740

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
I'm sure many will be jealous of your "Man-cane/bike house".
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26743

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
I am jealous of that facility you have (LOL)....................working from a detached garage here in Northumberland UK, a lot can be done whilst the temperature allows, but it must be nice to have a real purpose built workshop area to work from !

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26745

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Further progress today:

- installed the three coils (but then forgot to see which terminals are + and -, so will have to take one off to see)
- tried to install the front brake calipers, but can't seem to fit them properly. I'll have to investigate whether I have put the forks on right (I DO hope so!)
- took off the rusty bolts from the carb rubbers. Not sure what I was thinking putting those on! :oops: :pinch:
- installed the rear set to change gear
- when installing the rear brake MC before I can put on the rear set for braking, I noticed the rear wheel was dragging on something. After taking everything apart I came to the conclusion that due to the layer of powder coating, the rear wheel hub was rubbing on the differential housing. So I had to scrape off all the paint on the inside rim of the wheel. I washed it and it is now drying. Tomorrow I will put it back on and hope it will be OK.

I think the lesson for today is that if you are building something from scratch and bespoke, you WILL be putting things on and taking them off again at least three times!
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26746

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

McBoney wrote:
I think the lesson for today is that if you are building something from scratch and bespoke, you WILL be putting things on and taking them off again at least three times!

I'd consider 3 times to be a blessing. It's more like 10 times for me.:whistle:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 3 years 11 months ago #26747

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Grr... forks are the wrong way around! Gotta take it all apart again - that is the fourth time!

This is how they should be, and on mine the 'sunken' bolt head holes are on the inside. :S

Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds