Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 5 years 2 months ago #23220

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Paul, a couple more thoughts and more info.

The Gator valves - I purchased separate sets because because at that moment I didn't see the sets available. I paid US$105.19 for 6x Intake and US$147.49 for 6x Exhaust. That was in October 2017. Maybe the prices went up? A full set was a bit cheaper if I remember correctly.

Check 'lionparts_powersports' on Ebay. They had Vesrah Intake valves for US$31.38. Nor sure about exhaust.

Those $45 valves look rough, but that doesn't disqualify them. I cleaned up some valves looking exactly like these and they turned out great. Even without ultrasonic cleaner, some scraping, then the stem in a power drill and scotch-brite - they turned out very much healthy. It's a hardened steel, they don't deteriorate as easily as let's say sheet metal. You can talk directly to Nikola and ask what he thinks about his.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by StanG.

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 5 years 2 months ago #23221

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Might be late as it shows one only left... but worth asking. Intake US$15.59.

Vesrah Intake Valve for KAWASAKI KZ1300 Z1300 79-82 A1,A2,A3,A4

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 5 years 2 months ago #23222

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
One other thing that came to my mind - the talk about valve timing reminded me about it. I just want to make sure this was addressed. Kind of late as you put the crank case together so fast, but since the head is off and the engine still worked on, perhaps it's a good time to mention it.

When installing the primary and secondary chains, did you set correctly the primary chain timing? It's on page 109 in the manual I have. The primary drive and driven have timing marks. There is a 7 links count to align these marks. I hope I'm not ruining your day..

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 5 years 2 months ago #23224

• McBoney
  • McBoney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Thanks Stan, for all the info.

Yes I did time those correctly. Only one timing mark on those, so no confusion.

I'll chat to him to see what Nikola thinks. Haven't heard from Oz yet..

Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 5 years 2 months ago #23225

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Hi Paul,

Z Power in Leigh, near Wigan, has pattern valves £20 for the intake and £24 for the exhaust.

www.z-power.co.uk/z1300/valve-exhaust-z1300-a-models
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBoney

Another basket case project, but with potentially a different end goal! 5 years 2 months ago #23226

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Well, one more option. I do have a cylinder head here with valves. Purchased without camshafts but all else is complete (got a pair of camshafts separate). All already disassembled - the valves are looking good. I was going to do the seats and make it into a good spare for my bike, or post for sale when done. If you'd be going through buying a full head from States, getting it to Canada, disassembling, then I'd consider letting this one go because it's easier. I could send you just the valves, and we would have to come to an agreement about the rest. Once valves gone, I don't have use for this head so keeping it has no point - I want be buying valves for it! haha I wouldn't really want to be stuck with it so I am mentioning it just in case someone here local on this side wants to get in the mix.
Just a thought. I wouldn't waste a tear over it, as my place is small, so no worries. We can discuss any arrangements if you'd give it a thought.
Stan

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds