Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New to me Neglected Kz1300B 5 years 11 months ago #19987

• maniac1886
  • maniac1886's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I found some replacements. The pickup coils on the 13 appear to use the kz1000 pickups (blue/black, red/yellow wires) plus an additional light green /dark green pair. Coincidentally the bl/b r/y are the bad ones so ill be getting kz1000 coils and blending them into the existing wire harness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to me Neglected Kz1300B 5 years 11 months ago #19988

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

maniac1886 wrote: I found some replacements. The pickup coils on the 13 appear to use the kz1000 pickups (blue/black, red/yellow wires) plus an additional light green /dark green pair. Coincidentally the bl/b r/y are the bad ones so ill be getting kz1000 coils and blending them into the existing wire harness.

Good for you. Nice hound dogging. Hope it all works out for you.
KB

New to me Neglected Kz1300B 5 years 11 months ago #19990

• maniac1886
  • maniac1886's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Me too. I would like to say I see why the dealerships and the old timer who sold it to me got off it, but nothing has been replaced. Poor guy who sold it to me never had a chance! Main switch was busted, ignition switch was hacked up, bad coils, bad pickups, new ballast resistors, the only thing left to replace (which thank god, seems to check out) is the igniter. Hopefully once these pickups are in i can hear it purr. Im dying to ride it!

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds