Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Z1300 rebuild. 6 years 1 month ago #18691

• Z1300rider
  • Z1300rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi again everyone, I did a running commentary on my rebuild a couple of years ago and got a long way towards getting the old Z13 A1 running again. All the posts stopped because of other projects and work commitments demanding my time. The old 13 went back into a dark corner of the garage until now. I am back on it and have just started it for the first time in 11 years. It started first flick although I had primed the cylinders with a few cc’s of petrol through the plug holes. The noise it makes is fantastic. It was run without the cooling system attached so that I could be sure that all the down pipes were seated properly-which they were. I am now praying that the water pump is ok and that the valve guide oil seals still function properly. Mechanically the engine is sweet and is very quiet with regard to all the bits flailing around inside. I have just one problem; the radiator cap is finished and I cannot find one for love nor money, does anyone know where said beast can be obtained or, failing that, whether a cap from something else can be used? Cheers Marc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z1300 rebuild. 6 years 1 month ago #18692

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Marc, I know Helmut at MCG sells replica radiator caps, as the Kwak originals are NLA / rare as hens teeth.
Last time I looked (when I was considerinhg another Z31 project) they were about 30 euro's.

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Z1300rider

Z1300 rebuild. 6 years 1 month ago #18693

• Z1300rider
Thanks Tim, but what is MCG? I just googled it and got Melbourne cricket ground and everything else except anything that looked remotely to do with bikes. Cheers.

Z1300 rebuild. 6 years 1 month ago #18694

• paulb
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 19
www.z1300.de/
Hi Marc
this is the site Tim is referring to
good luck
Paul

Z1300 rebuild. 6 years 1 month ago #18695

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Marc, Melbourne Cricket Ground ;)
Try the attached link - www.z1300.de/
The radiator caps are listed under "cooler / water pump". @ 32.50 euro.

Drop Helmut an email, he speaks good english and is an honest guy to deal with..

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Z1300 rebuild. 6 years 1 month ago #18721

• Z1300rider
The current state of it. I have bought and modified a Predator 6 into 1 pipe and used a Black Widow end can. I fired it up the other day and it sounded way better than I thought it would. I leak tested the carbs again and squirted a couple of cc’s of petrol into each plug hole. It fired up first time. The radiator was left off to check the sealing of the exhaust, all was good.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds