TOPIC:

Fork and brake mods 6 years 5 months ago #17831

• Dion
  • Dion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi all
this has been covered in Talk to me but for the people who don't follow daily chatter thought id add it here.
basically have added on 21mm solid round bar onto ends of fork caliper mounts
then re drilled holes to mount 65mm Brembo 4 pot calipers (incidentally the standard brake bolts are 65mm)
in a desire to get better working forks i pursued everything from GSX1400 to Yamaha XJR1300 forks
the reason is i did not want to change the triple clamps which run a 815mm fork length center axle to top of stanchion and 41mm diameter
so GSX1400 is 800mm and 46mm diameter
yamaha is 805mm and 43mm (if i remember correctly after 2007 they had 3 way adjustment as per the GSX)
their is no way of achieving that with the standard KZ1300 forks but you can install emulators and new fork springs to get a far better working (and some what tailored to the individual) system
i know ohlins make the emulators but did not find them very forth coming with help
Racetech where hugely helpful in getting this nutted out with me,
so i have Gold valve (emulators) and Linear springs coming for my bike.
i will have to play around to tailor these to my individual taste but cost versus performance viability to me seems well worth it
ill start with 20 weight oil and i have picked the 100kg rate springs (to suite my riding habits)
gold valves from Matt Wiley and springs are
valves FEGV S3801 $169.99 US$
Springs FRSP S3234 $ 129.99 if i remember they start from 85 or 90kg spring weight ( the lower KG gives a more plush ride)
will post pics and results once all set up
Dion
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy, Spondon1300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds