TOPIC:

aux fuel pump on my 1980 10 years 3 months ago #1233

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Ticklehappy

It looks like we have both been in the same spot over the years with this one !

I have searched for many years to find a VACUUM type Kawasaki Petcock that has the same mounting hole pitch & size but have never been able to find one.

Would you please share with us the genuine K part number for the Petcocok you have used or let us know which year & model bike it came from ???

I also assume you take the vacuum pipe feed to the petcock from one of the 6 vacuum screws on the inlet manifolds ???

Pete F
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

aux fuel pump on my 1980 10 years 3 months ago #1234

• BillD
  • BillD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

here is a pic of my bike, the day I bought it, since then of course I have started the cleanup process hopefully it will look nice soon,,,lol everything is taken off , with the exception of the engine, either being sent out for repaint or cleaned up which ever it takes. This bike kinda reminds me of my cbx years ago, but, as we all know the cbx's are becoming hard to afford,,lol

Last edit: by BillD.

aux fuel pump on my 1980 10 years 3 months ago #1235

• BigSix
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 224
Isnt't the petcock from the GPZ900R that is fitting on the Z1300 ? As I am not sure please have someone to confirm or to correct.
In addition to the petcock my bike has been equipped with a manual magnetic valve just to prenvent any damage just in case the petcock should be not working correctly. I'm using a standard switch on the instruments (left side) that originally had been intended to override the side-stand and can now manually shut the flow of duel off shortly before arriving at home. Advantage is that I come in with nearly ampty carburators so next time I am starting I get freish fuel fromn the tank and don't have to use the fuel that hada been cooked inside the carburators for hours which lost a lot of its additives.
Of course only if I know she will be standing for a longer time.

And you need two of the vaccum pipe-feeds connected with a T-piece. If you just connect it to one the petcock will open and close in short sequence and be worn after a while.
And I (my mech) connected it to tow of the three conenctors that you sue to adjust the carburators. Don't have a pic yet, sorry.

regards

Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Last edit: by BigSix.

aux fuel pump on my 1980 10 years 3 months ago #1240

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks again Holger.

It would be very useful if someone could confirm if the GPZ900R Petcock fits the 1300 as its a modification I need to do myself.

SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU KNOW !!

Pete F

aux fuel pump on my 1980 10 years 3 months ago #1245

• Mikez
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I can confirm without a doubt that a 82 Kawasaki KZ1100 Spectre vacuum petcock fits with no issues. Got mine for 15 bucks from ebay last year and have it fitted right now. Other kz petcocks and probably even Suzuki ones will likely fit as well. Can't say for sure if other manufacturers have similar ones since I've only owned a few bikes so far :(.

I got it because I wanted a vacuum petcock that still had the fuel screen on it. From what I can tell most petcocks of this type have a universal bolt pattern, so pretty much anything that looks similar will probably fit. Let me know if you have any questions :).

aux fuel pump on my 1980 10 years 3 months ago #1248

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Mikez,

Brilliant !!

Thanks for that info. It looks like the GPZ900R is an identical petcock if the gaskets are anything to go by (same size & ref).

The problem has been the pitch between the 2 mounting holes (see photo below). There are many different sizes.

Our 1300 is 43mm pitch (centre to centre) holes.
Some suzuki & other bikes have what looks to be the same petcock but the pitch is smaller so not suitable.

Pete F
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds