Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

waterpump impeller 7 years 2 months ago #15641

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

kiwirider wrote: thanks for the reply i also pulled the oil pan and checked the oil pick up it was Nealy totally blocked with silicon ill post pictures i only brought this bike because the bike shop in Scotland said it was the best he had ridden said he had owned 6 z1300s and it was been ridden daily i am gutted and Ive been ripped off :evil: Thanks to you guys making more parts ill get it back on the road i need to order timing chain inlet valves and ill replace the plastic idler just to be safe

thanks Graham

WOW !!!! UGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLY !! Must have been really oil starved. Hope the camshaft pedestals and crank bearings didn't suffer. Surely the oil light came on and he stopped the engine. This is yet another prime example why you should at the very least pull the oil pan on a new purchase to determine what/how the previous owner looked after the bike and what you should be doing before taking off for a ride.

Nice catch Kiwirider. Kudos to you for pulling the pan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

waterpump impeller 7 years 2 months ago #15642

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
That oil pick up is just UGLY !! Surprised if the cam bearing pedestals and main and conrod bearings aren't wiped.

Just another fine example of why at the very least a new owner should pull the oil pan and look at the oil pick up screen. It tells a story. In this cast a very bad story.

Kudos to you for pulling the oil pan and checking the bottom end out. Sorry for your misfortune and hoping you'll perservere and get her back up to snuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwirider

Last edit: by Kawboy.

waterpump impeller 7 years 2 months ago #15643

• kiwirider
  • kiwirider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Very thanks to you kawaboy and your threads other wise i wouldn't have pulled it off the nice person before me who ground the shim on 1 inlet vales didn't put a new rocker cover gasket on just silicone d it up i hate to sound like i whining kiwi but i could never do that to a bike and then sell it on i hope he sleeps well at night . :evil: The cams and head look OK no signs of oil starving and the little time i rode it the oil light didn't come on but the first oil change i gave it the oil was black and it took awhile to get oil pressure gee i wounder why :S Thanks again for the advise cheers . I had a chance to buy one here in NZ last April but my wife and i did a trip to Canada and Alaska loved every minute of it and the last z1300s have not sold very well so i said to Annette my wife it will be still for sale when we get back oh how wrong i was . lesson learned pay a little extra for a good one Ive just brought a Bimota yb8 done 3000ks so something to look forward to thanks Graham
2018 Harley cvo ultra 1982 cbx1000 1980 gsx1100 2012 gtr1400 cx500 turbo 1977 suzuki gt750

Last edit: by kiwirider.

waterpump impeller 7 years 2 months ago #15644

• Yaegunp
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32

kiwirider wrote: thanks for the reply i also pulled the oil pan and checked the oil pick up it was Nealy totally blocked with silicon ill post pictures i only brought this bike because the bike shop in Scotland said it was the best he had ridden said he had owned 6 z1300s and it was been ridden daily i am gutted and Ive been ripped off :evil: Thanks to you guys making more parts ill get it back on the road i need to order timing chain inlet valves and ill replace the plastic idler just to be safe

To me that silicon is a dead give away that somebody had no idea and no respect. I found lots of silicon on my bike as well, in places you would never think to apply it. Keep your head up kiwi and finish the project cause it sounds like your in far too deep financially to pull the pin without regrets. Here's hoping for no more bad news.
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

waterpump impeller 7 years 2 months ago #15655

• kiwirider
  • kiwirider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 17
thanks Yaegunp ill keep on going
2018 Harley cvo ultra 1982 cbx1000 1980 gsx1100 2012 gtr1400 cx500 turbo 1977 suzuki gt750

Last edit: by kiwirider.

waterpump impeller 7 years 2 months ago #15681

• rob
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Kiwirider
I am in Tauranga. Let me know if I can be of some assistance. :)
Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwirider

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds