Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

waterpump impeller 7 years 1 month ago #15629

• kiwirider
  • kiwirider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Well i thought i was on the final push to get my bike on the road but the bike has other i dears.Pulled tappet cover off and checked valve clearances and the nice person before me has ground no 1 inlet shim to get some clearance :evil: So Ive had no choice but to pull the head Ive also pulled the water pump cover off and the is some free movement in the impeller i can rock it clockwise and anticlockwise looking at the manual it is driven off a cut out on the back side of the impeller how much movement should there be i am just about to shove the bike in the corner off the shed and forget about it for a while with the purchase of it and repairs i am up over $20000 NZ DOLLARS
2018 Harley cvo ultra 1982 cbx1000 1980 gsx1100 2012 gtr1400 cx500 turbo 1977 suzuki gt750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

waterpump impeller 7 years 1 month ago #15630

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Wow $20,000 NZ equals almost $19,000 Cdn dollars that's a lot of money no matter what currency

waterpump impeller 7 years 1 month ago #15631

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Wow $20,000 NZ equals almost $19,000 Cdn dollars that's a lot of money no matter what currency

waterpump impeller 7 years 1 month ago #15633

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
The impeller slots into the drive shaft of the waterpump. It is not a tight fit because the impeller is "floating" due to the mechanical seal separating the cooling liquid flow of the engine. There is a rubber o-ring on the shaft that allows the floating movement of the impeller. It should not move clockwise or anticlockwise more than a few degrees, if it does, then the aluminum is worn. Used ones are not too hard to find on ebay. If you can not find one, I have a few available.
Never give up on the 1300.

waterpump impeller 7 years 1 month ago #15634

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Forgot to say that if you have pulled the head and removed the chain tensioners, the water pump shaft driving chain becomes loose and allows excessive rotation. While you have the water pump housing off, I would remove the impeller, check the condition of the mechanical seal and change the oil seal behind the back plate of the pump cavity. All this is well described in the service manual. You can download it from this site.

waterpump impeller 7 years 1 month ago #15639

• kiwirider
  • kiwirider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 17
thanks for the reply i also pulled the oil pan and checked the oil pick up it was Nealy totally blocked with silicon ill post pictures i only brought this bike because the bike shop in Scotland said it was the best he had ridden said he had owned 6 z1300s and it was been ridden daily i am gutted and Ive been ripped off :evil: Thanks to you guys making more parts ill get it back on the road i need to order timing chain inlet valves and ill replace the plastic idler just to be safe

thanks Graham
2018 Harley cvo ultra 1982 cbx1000 1980 gsx1100 2012 gtr1400 cx500 turbo 1977 suzuki gt750
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds