Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 8 months ago #14074

• anyoldiron
  • anyoldiron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
With your ''disco'' paint scheme it will be worth less than a restored bike, which is worth less than a sympathetically restored bike, which is worth less than a original bike, all the glib unsubstantiated comments in the world will not change that Sunshine. The fact that you powder coat, and rate it speaks volumes. Try doing it properly one day. Like the old adage goes, ''a fool and his money are soon parted'' ;)
'They never see you coming, do they Bob''

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by anyoldiron.

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 8 months ago #14075

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27

anyoldiron wrote: With your ''disco'' paint scheme it will be worth less than a restored bike, which is worth less than a sympathetically restored bike, which is worth less than a original bike, all the glib unsubstantiated comments in the world will not change that Sunshine. The fact that you powder coat, and rate it speaks volumes. Try doing it properly one day. Like the old adage goes, ''a fool and his money are soon parted'' ;)

I love your comments, not sure why you decided to pick on me but feel free, have often been told that by living in the city that I deprive a village of a good idiot. I must say though it's not me or my standards your undermining in line with custom painters or powder coaters but the professionals doing the job (although I am responsible for color choice), me I am just the mechanical, electrical and labor element of the builds that I do. I wish you all the best in your KZ project and look forward to the questions you may pose going forward, however best you ignore advise that this fool may have to offer, this is only the 5th complete re-build on a Z13 I have done which includes all mechanical and electrical elements of these bikes. $1600 for a paint job is day light robbery my first bit of advice is shop around it's only one color with some decals on it, If you want a perfect color match go to RS Paints in the UK.
www.rsbikepaint.com/en-gb/colours.php
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

Last edit: by Mark. Reason: info

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 8 months ago #14076

• anyoldiron
Like i said, unsubstantiated comments , im not in the UK, so yet again, your comment has no bearing whatsoever.

As for picking on you, you shouldnt judge others by your own measure. Me, i just have little time for unsubstantiated comments, which seem to be your stock in trade.

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 8 months ago #14077

• kwak1261
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 72
$1500 for a paint job :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
whos the fool parting with his money ?
Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 8 months ago #14078

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
I give up, best of luck with your build
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 8 months ago #14079

• anyoldiron
Are you really that arrogant? You have no idea where i am, or what the prices are, you get what you pay for when it comes to paint, but then again how would you know, you think powdercoat is the right way to fly on a classic. Do us both a favour and keep your unsolicited "advice" to yourself, please and thank you.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds