Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 7 months ago #14000

• anyoldiron
  • anyoldiron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
So, i have two parts monsters that i have acquired over time, the first one i have no idea about, i got it from someone who brought a house and the bike was left there for $600 , no idea what stopped it could be carbs, could be cam chain, could be anything, or nothing . lts at a friends 1200kms away and i haven't got round to picking it up yet, all i know is that its been inside for years.

The second one i got from a tow/junk yard for $250, it was dressed and from what i can figure it got rode of the road as theres no damage to the engine bars etc, but it looks like someone rode on to a pole, log or something that took out a brake line, pushed the mudguard in and came to a stop in the rad. lve pulled all the damaged stuff off of it (i also pillaged the headlight and indicators for my stock unrestored 79, that some heathen has put a round headlight on and some godawfull indicators)

The second one has been sitting outside for a unknown length of time , so for fits and giggles today i took the plugs out, stator cover off, some mystery oil down the plug holes and went to see if it would turn over, which much to my surprise it did, with enough compression to push my thumb off each pot. YIPPEE.

So the idea is to make one decent bike out of the two,i cannot bear to see them both parted out, i dont know which one will be the 'start'' that will depend on which one i can get a title for. lm already golden cost wise as between them i have had a headlight and bucket, 3 indicators and a seat all org for my survivor.

lm undecided what to do with it. the only thing i dont like about the big Zed visually is the front mudguard, the only things i dont like about the rest is the brakes and suspension. So back end is easy, some decent shocks, front end i would like some USD forks, IF there are any long enough, i dont want to mess with the geometry, and i would have to make the front wheel work, because to me different wheels look arse.......or i might just take the easy way out and get some progressive springs, and braided brake lines, and some sort of caliper ungrade.

lm thinking about metallic black, with the same decals as a 79, but in silver instead of gold..............slightly lower bars, and a KZ/Z front mudguard painted to match the rest of the bike, or if the USD route, something a little more modern. There are a bunch of other touches i have in mind and some kind of funky exhaust

Anyhoo, its not going to happen overnight, because my in short riding season, i mostly wrench on my riders! But the idea is to have it ready for the spring

Would be interested to hear from any of you guys that have done a front end conversion, caliper ungrades etc

Cheers AOI
'They never see you coming, do they Bob''
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by anyoldiron.

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 7 months ago #14020

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Build them both my friend, at the price your getting them for it is a no brainer. 2 resurrected and back on the road is a winner all round there are too many being broken, the USA seems to be awash with spares
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 7 months ago #14059

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I have pics from a fellow who did a brembo upgrade to his Z. Had to make some modifications but he said it was worth the time and money he spent. I can send you them if you like. I'm not sure if he is a member here. He ended up buying some parts off me from ebay and we got to talking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anyoldiron

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 7 months ago #14069

• anyoldiron

Mark wrote: Build them both my friend, at the price your getting them for it is a no brainer. 2 resurrected and back on the road is a winner all round there are too many being broken, the USA seems to be awash with spares

lts a very long way from being a ''no brainer'' i dont know if i can get a title for both yet, if i can one will be a salvage title, as it was left at a salvage yard as a ins write off. l dont know whats wrong with the black one yet. l can tell you that my unrestord one cost $4600. With prices like this; pair of fork ears $350, headlight bucket and lens $350, set of indicators $500, good seat and cover $450 airbox side covers $250, paint and decals $1500 side covers $200, gauge cluster $400.........and thats just for starters. Smart money would do one and part out the other to subsidize it, which is most likely what will happen. As for getting both back on the road, ive already rescued 3 Kawasakis in recent times and put them back on the road, so ive done my bit in that regard, my friend ;)

Attachments:

Last edit: by anyoldiron.

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 7 months ago #14070

• anyoldiron
Please do, that would be great.

Cheers

Resurrection.....................blended 7 years 7 months ago #14073

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27

anyoldiron wrote:

Mark wrote: Build them both my friend, at the price your getting them for it is a no brainer. 2 resurrected and back on the road is a winner all round there are too many being broken, the USA seems to be awash with spares

lts a very long way from being a ''no brainer'' i dont know if i can get a title for both yet, if i can one will be a salvage title, as it was left at a salvage yard as a ins write off. l dont know whats wrong with the black one yet. l can tell you that my unrestord one cost $4600. With prices like this; pair of fork ears $350, headlight bucket and lens $350, set of indicators $500, good seat and cover $450 airbox side covers $250, paint and decals $1500 side covers $200, gauge cluster $400.........and thats just for starters. Smart money would do one and part out the other to subsidize it, which is most likely what will happen. As for getting both back on the road, ive already rescued 3 Kawasakis in recent times and put them back on the road, so ive done my bit in that regard, my friend ;)

Such a shame,
to buy the bike and completely re-build the one I am doing inclusive of stripping and Powder coating, any spares I need to source, the fantastic paint scheme (no decals will be paint) it is having done to it, will total in your money between $3500 -$3600 not bad for what will be a mint Z1300 being put back on the road, happy hunting don't write cheques your bike won't cash LMAO
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

Last edit: by Mark. Reason: edit
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds