Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

QuackKer Overheating - dcarver's 79 A1 7 years 9 months ago #13065

• Tyler
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
One more thing... Your headers look like they have been in a drag race... That deep blue indicates very hot exhaust temps.

Unless this is caused by the fairing blocking some air flow you may have a mixture issue.
1981 KZ1300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tyler.

QuackKer Overheating - dcarver's 79 A1 7 years 9 months ago #13070

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
Try filling the header tank only 1/3rd the way up. Mine used to puke coolant from the overflow tank too, it wasn't overheating & I'd burped the system a few times to make sure there wasn't any air in the system but it still persisted. It doesn't puke anymore since I filled it only to 1/3rd. Been running that way for over a decade now ;)
Only dead fish go with the flow

QuackKer Overheating - dcarver's 79 A1 7 years 9 months ago #13072

• brandonsmash
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Tyler wrote: One more thing... Your headers look like they have been in a drag race... That deep blue indicates very hot exhaust temps.

Unless this is caused by the fairing blocking some air flow you may have a mixture issue.

I can't tell if the blue on the headers is from heat or if it's reflected from the tarp/fender.
Cut to approximate, smash to fit!

QuackKer Overheating - dcarver's 79 A1 7 years 9 months ago #13114

• dcarver220b
  • dcarver220b's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181
Ok, feller 6'ers.. Made what I think is good progress yesterday by filling the block using a non-factory standard technique. I'm cautiously optimistic the cooling issue is solved. I need to button up a few more things then take her for a test ride. And it's hot here now.. triple digits forecast for the next 3 days starting tomorrow.

I apologize for linking over to my site, but I don't have time to translate the code from mine to here to get the pix to show - but I DID want to keep everyone posted since so many good ideas come from this wonderful site!

Last edit: by dcarver220b.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds