• Page:

TOPIC:

Sadly not a Z13, but another project finished 8 years 4 months ago #10315

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
I acquired this bike a couple of years ago - long story, but basically its a genuine 4000 mile, one owner 1993 Vmax, brought into Ireland from the US in 2000, the importer (who is a mate) could not get it started so put it in his barn with his other many, many bikes and covered her over for 13 years :ohmy: :ohmy:

In 2013 I went to buy a CBX of him and he persuaded me (over several beers) to have the Vmax; came with original keys, handbook, untouched toolkit etc Proper time warp bike, just needed a bit of cosmetic tender loving care after years of neglect: but she has turned out very nice, and (if you squint) almost looks like a new bike ;)

Reason for being a non runner for all those years turned out to be a defective ignition switch (also had that on my Z13). So I changed all fluids, filters, plugs, serviced the carbs, forks and brakes: primed the bores, and after 13 years of slumber, she struck on the second prod of the starter: sometimes playing with old bikes can be so rewarding.

Finished her just in time for winter :whistle:
Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tonto.

Sadly not a Z13, but another project finished 8 years 4 months ago #10317

• caddypat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
big wow on that.it does look nearly new.i have always liked the looks of the v max.great job. pat

Sadly not a Z13, but another project finished 8 years 4 months ago #10319

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
I can't believe he covered it over for 13 years and all over an ignition switch?? Sad, but glad to see you got it sorted out. Nice !!! Another torque monster out on the street again.

Sadly not a Z13, but another project finished 8 years 3 months ago #10836

• KEZZ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Love the Max.Great bike.K.

Sadly not a Z13, but another project finished 8 years 3 months ago #10843

• 6cylinder
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
is that a water buffalo in the back ground? V Max's are great bikes fast as well, looks like you have some nice bikes.
millers auto electric

Sadly not a Z13, but another project finished 8 years 3 months ago #10857

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Sadly I need garage space so will soon have to sell the Vmax: I bought some more project bikes - an RD400 Yam and a couple of CBX 1000's. Also I am in process of freshening up my Z13 for this years riding season - will post some pics when she emerges from her winter hibernation.

6Cyl - yes I've always had a liking for the Water Buffalo / Kettle: I had one 40 years ago as a very young guy, not really sure why I still like them so much: I just know that whenever I ride the slow, heavy, under braked relic it put a smile on my face: giess that's why biking is so unique to us all.

Picture of the last ride of the summer 2015 - roll on Spring 2016 :woohoo: :woohoo:

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Tonto.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds