• Page:

TOPIC:

Z1300's in the UK for interest 8 years 5 months ago #9807

• Mark
  • Mark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Thought since I have been posting on this board I would put some pictures on of my 13's. Am working on 2 at the moment they are side by side now the blue and starlight Blue/Green one, hopefully to finish both on the same weekend (whenever that will be). All apart from the red one have been totally rebuilt by myself. When finished the 2 I am doing at the moment red one will get a mild strip down, some parts replaced and a good clean. Would be interesting to see other stuff that is around the UK and know who is who. Have had one of these bikes for 17 years now and over the years the family has grown. 3 are the A1 Model all originally came from the states. The Green one jumbled amongst other bikes is an A4 originally from the UK

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z1300's in the UK for interest 8 years 5 months ago #9811

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
That's quite a collection you have there! Your workshop makes me green with envy - I don't have one, so my bike is in storage and I can't get the restoration underway. However, I am attaching two photos, in which the bike looks quite good, but when viewed close up the deteriorated finish becomes apparent. I want to do a complete strip down and renovation. I've not had the bike running. I might start taking small parts off the bike to re finish - parts I can deal with on the kitchen table - until, one day, I manage to get the use of some workshop space.
By the way, Mark, I'm in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire. I posted my long story about how I came to own a 1300 a year or so ago.
Good wishes for your projects.
Attachments:

Z1300's in the UK for interest 8 years 5 months ago #9813

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Mark.

You have 3 :woohoo: I wish. Only got the 1 that purchased 2 years ago A3 model and restored and had running great till no spark so still investigating. Don't ask as doing my head in :( . Used to restore 2 stroke bikes till moved over to the 4 stroke machines.
Lucky to get hold of a new orig exh system plus a new seat unit. Being as the Z1300 being a pain in the arse, moved over to the Z750 and just about finished doing a budget restoration.

I'm based in Wigston 4 miles south of Leicester.

Attachments:

Z1300's in the UK for interest 8 years 5 months ago #9815

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Love the bikes Aerial, won't ask but sounds worrying as soon as you mention the A3 the odd ball of the lot with it's, pick ups igniter etc.
Was going to put an A3 Motor into the one that I am building at the moment (only because I had an A3 motor and pretty much bought this bike frame for it's log-book. Decided not to due to the problem of sourcing the electrics, didn't have the pick-ups, casing or igniter, So scrapped that idea and building as it should be an A1, had a massive parts source to get it to where it is now but have managed to get pretty much everything I need.
Was worried when you said I had 3 of these was wondering where my fourth one had gone lol.
Hope you sort the problem out sure a lot of people on here will have the answers, possibly the ignitor.

Z1300's in the UK for interest 8 years 5 months ago #9816

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Bilton, that bike looks good, pretty much in stock form, I would just ride it and do bit by bit over the years, better on the road than not. there isn't enough of us using these in the UK. I very rarely see them unless with friends that have them which isn't many. It would be good if one day a few of us could get together some time. Dread, Keith and myself do a weekend rally every year in Calstock Cornwall worth putting in your calendar if you get the chance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: biltonjim

Z1300's in the UK for interest 8 years 5 months ago #9822

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Mark.
Its not the ignitor as purchased one from Larui. Had a scope on the pick ups and all ok and cleaned all connectors cleaned so no high resistance. Changed coils, leads caps and done away with the ballast resister. One day you can go out and fire the beast up and fine. Leave for an hour and go to fire up again and no spark :evil:
Tried all info by members on forum to sort out problem to no avail. Never mind I tell myself One day in my life time will find the fault :unsure:
All the best in your restorations have a few spares if you need any. Side panels, brake items, rear silencer that needs a new 2 inch pipe brazing on to connect to collector box plus other odds and sods.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds