Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ready to roll. 8 years 6 months ago #9642

• AERIAL0
  • AERIAL0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok its not a Z1300, but its little brother. Just spent the last 12 months restoring to a clean and tidy bike on a budget.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ready to roll. 8 years 6 months ago #9644

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Lookin' good there Mister. What all did you have to do to bring it back?

Ready to roll. 8 years 6 months ago #9649

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Purchased as a non runner for £1100 and in a sad state. Every nut and bolt siezed and the bike had been painted with a yard brush.
Plenty of heat and WD40 released the nuts and bolts to dismantle the bike. The rear shocks dumped and new purchased. Seat base solid so had refurbished with new foam, cover and fittings. New chain and sprockets rebuild forks with all new seals. Brake callipers siezed and had to rebuild. Frame parts sent away for powder coating and carbs had to be fully striped down and refurbished. Tank, side panels and rear unit resprayed for under £20 . Most of other items sprayed up as well.
engine wise, very lucky. Dropped the sump to check oil pump filter and clean plus no gunge in sump. So changed filter and fresh oil. The rest was just elbow grease and every nut and bolt refited coated in copper slip. Fitted a new battery and the big bonus for me. The old girl fired up on the button first time. Most owners of the KZ/Z750 have problems with the starter clutch.
Total cost for refurb £ 450.
Attachments:

Ready to roll. 8 years 6 months ago #9650

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Pretty damn nice for a budget build! I would sure like to have something smaller and lighter like that for local runs. LOVE that color!

Ready to roll. 8 years 6 months ago #9654

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
I'm impressed!! That's a lot of work to knock off in a year. I'm retired and I would be lucky to find 2 days a month to spend on the hobby. Well Done!!

Ready to roll. 8 years 6 months ago #9662

• AERIAL0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm lucky to be self employed, so able to move my jobs around to suit myself. Like to spend at least 2 days a week on the bikes and the bonus is when the wife goes shopping. Gain another day :) Only thing that holds me up is sourcing spares sometimes.

Purchased the Z750 as sold a Yamaha XS2 which should have kept being as it was a minter. But working through a bucket list of bikes that would have liked to own and ride before I go to the big highway in the sky. Just about there so watch this space.

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds