Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Old Friend 8 years 11 months ago #7326

• kwak1261
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 72
when i took my carbs to bits i just took a few measurements of the gaps between the 3 carbs and overall.
they went back together easily and the bike runs fine, sorting the linkage for the throttle cable was more of a pain but not that bad..

Ian
Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mellvis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Old Friend 8 years 11 months ago #7331

• Mellvis
  • Mellvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok, thanks. I'm not so concerned then. I know my way around the old Mikuni's on the 4 cylinder bikes really well, just never heard of needing a jig to align everything before.

Old Friend 8 years 11 months ago #7332

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
Okay, let's see here.....

Headlight brackets- if you aren't picky about 100% stock, there's a lot of good options out there. You can even get a set that clamps around the fork tubes. That way you don't need to disassemble the top of the triple tree to get them attached. Just look for a set that will fit the size forks you have. I forget if it's 37mm or 41mm...

As for the carb tool- I've heard mixed things. I see why it would be useful but others have said it doesn't work that well. I personally left my carbs together when I rebuilt mine. Getting the tops off is a bit interesting, but can be done. You may have to take more than one off at a time is all. The hardest part is getting all three air cutoff valves off, but it CAN be done with a 90° screwdriver. Easier than trying to align them after you split them, in my opinion...

Old Friend 8 years 11 months ago #7339

• Mellvis
  • Mellvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Got some more pictures today. Rear cowl is all bolted up. Most of the day was spent organizing the barn. Thanks for the tips on the carbs and headlight mounts. I really want the stock ears, just have a hard time justifying it right at this time. I'm trying a different rout I think will work. More to come on that later.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Mellvis. Reason: Added more content

Old Friend 8 years 11 months ago #7345

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
There is a post here somewhere about a member in Finland who is making stainless replicas. I cant remember the name or find the post but someone will know.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Old Friend 8 years 11 months ago #7346

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
He regularly puts them up on Ebay with a picture of polished stainless and black painted in the same pic.

I believe they are being manufactured one of our members "Larenurminen" Priced @ $179.00 U.S. Search "KZ1300 ears" and they come up. Just checked this morning.

Last edit: by Kawboy.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds