Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

IT RUNS!!!! 8 years 11 months ago #7324

• Mellvis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had read somewhere, probably on this site, that you usually loose about 1 to 2 horses by switching to the DG pipe, but save like 20 pounds. Sounds like a good option if you need to replace the stock, but not really advantageous as a "performance" upgrade to an otherwise stock bike. Still sounds good though!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

IT RUNS!!!! 8 years 11 months ago #7328

• Tyler
  • Tyler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
The chambers behind the collectors had rotted through in spots on my bike. The rest of the system was in nice shape so I boxed it up and put it in storge. Factory exhaust for bikes of this era are expensive and getting harder to find. I will repair mine and hang on to it.

For a replacement the DG exhaust is a good option, and yes the sound is fantastic. It is quite a bit louder than stock, but not obnoxious.

After I shot that video the whole neighborhood came over to have a look...
1981 KZ1300

Last edit: by Tyler.

IT RUNS!!!! 8 years 11 months ago #7330

• Mellvis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It's nice to have neighbors that like our projects. The trick is to keep it civil with the sound and the speed. I had a Softail with straight pipes and I leave for work at 5:00 am. Never an issue because I could keep the sound down. Still, I'm sure it's fun to rack the pipe once in a while and enjoy the sound!

IT RUNS!!!! 8 years 11 months ago #7501

• Tyler
  • Tyler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
I got a chance to run the bike again. I had to replace the thermostat gasket be use of a tiny leak. Used a pattern gasket that was to thin.

The engine is rich on idle and dIfficult to adjust so Im going back to the stock pilot jets.

I do have a question for anyone with a DG 6 into 1. Did you use any sealant where the down pipes go into the collector? It leaks a bit on mine.
1981 KZ1300

IT RUNS!!!! 8 years 11 months ago #7502

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Yeh mine leaks also, I just let it, too lazy to seal it, you'd think for the price they could make the header pipes a tad longer so they all go into the collector a bit further so it wouldn't leak, seems like only one or two are a tad short that's causing the leak. I also elongated the muffler hanger hole that connects to the rear peg to try and get the pipes a bit further into the collector, helped a bit but would still like a bit more, something to look into at a later date, I ride it every day so not much time to do big jobs.
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Last edit: by kza13.

IT RUNS!!!! 8 years 11 months ago #7503

• Torque59
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • POTEST ALITER SUBVENIRI NON POTEST PRO CUBICUS
  • Thank you received: 13
I have a DG 6 into 1 system also. Mine leaks as well, that is even after I put sealant around the pipes into the collector. Maybe something they need to look at.
Restored an 1976 Suzuki GT550B
Restored an 1982 Kawasaki Z1300 A4.
Also rides a 2014 Triumph Rocket Roadster, 2300cc of pure fun.

POTEST ALITER SUBVENIRI NON POTEST PRO CUBICUS

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds