Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi from southwest Ontario!! 7 years 1 month ago #15883

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028

pauljt56 wrote: Thanks guys. Yes Kawboy, that is my shop. I will post some pics of the bike soon. Sad bugger. It has not been run since 1989 so it will be a challenge for sure. The tank is removed for cleaning (full of terrible smelling guck) and the carbs will be coming off soon for ultrasonic cleaning and rebuild.Engine turns by hand so there is hope for it.

It's nice to see a shop that "Specializes in Vintage Japanese Motorcycles" Kudos to you and those that work in the shop. I would imagine that most shops want to stay with current year bikes as that's where the money is. It's not always easy to find parts to repair/rebuild the old girls.

As far as "Sad bugger", the next time I'm at Peterborough Cycle Salvage, I'll take a pic of a Voyager that was sitting on their intact sales line and now has been banished to the "backyard" It's truly the sad bugger. It really is a calling to own and maintain one of these 1300's Similar to the CBX, it's unique but not "the best" in any catagory compared to more recent rides.

Good luck with your rebuild.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds